Mothers day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mothers day

I'm at a loss as what to do for mother's day? I'd like some ideas I'm asking cause it's a shelter in place atmosphere here still. Thanks
    NW Georgia,

Bake her a ca... uhhh err.... Click image for larger version

Name:	October2012Pix-foodbuzz 029.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	452224
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Josie
      Josie commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol. I must be getting slow. Took me a few minutes to get this.

• Hoss
      Hoss commented
      Editing a comment
      not sure how many actually got it. Yeah its a cake shaped like the symbol for Pi.

Just kidding best gift to give mom is time . Someday you will wish you spent more with her
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• 2ndoldman
      2ndoldman commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen brother.

Ditto what Hoss said. If you live near enough to visit then do so. And take her some flowers. If you can't visit then call or skype with her and send flowers. Just my thoughts, having lost my mom many years ago and my son lives too far away to visit his mother.

Comment

All are good ideas posted above ! One thing I will add that I have done the past few years for my mom that she has loved is instead of buying her a vase of flowers is every year all of us siblings throw in and buy her a bunch of her favorite flowers to plant in the garden or around the house. Of course us kids do the digging and planting!! Haha
      Johnson county Missouri

Comment

Are you talking about your wife or mother ? If mother I like the above they just want time hugs ( a call ) candy anything that lets them know you remember them and appreciate them :
        Now if it’s your wife get cooking ..... I did see some good recipes come out of that house . Take a piece of paper and write any of the above .
        scrub out bath shower till it’s shines
        clear out garden
        blank ———-you fill in and I’ll do it !You might be surprised to find out what your wife would want and never of known for decades . We get in a pattern and a bottle of perfume or going out is great but you might be surprised and find out a good oven cleaning will go a long way with lots of appreciation and hugs returned .

Bottom line it not always about a gift ....

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Wise advice from a woman. I'm still taking ideas cause cleaning the oven will be at the bottom of the list for me, ha

• Josie
          Josie commented
          Editing a comment
          I like that idea!

Well see nobody wants to do that .
        Make the blank line and see what she fills in . It might just be a movie and a hug wewwww simple

Comment

Kudos to you for trying to think of something other than a card or meal. But a home cooked meal which includes cleaning up afterwards, and trust me that's a big deal, is appropriate in this current environment. Or grub hub from her favorite restaurant. Then, just spend the day with her or let her do whatever she wants. Does she like plants, like container plants? Gift cards are great too. I like Notched Nate's idea of planting flowers. That's a really good idea if she likes landscaping plants. If it's for your mom, spend lots of time on the phone with her since you probably can't get down to see her. For me, it's just another day but spending it with my family is priceless. Hard to get everyone together.
          South Carolina

Comment

We both have to work tomorrow so I'm taking her out Monday. Happy Mother's Day to all of the mothers on the site.
            NW Georgia,

Comment

Amen. Happy mom's day to all you mom's
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Working...
              X