Brotherhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brotherhood

I'm talking bout the Brotherhood of Man!!! We are all waking up with news every day worse than the day before.....with the corona virus changing life as we know it. And now much much much racial tension here in America like it was in the early 60s when JFK rode thru my town campaigning.....I saw him....I was 8 yrs old.....the cop who killed that poor guy in Minneapolis. Got what he deserves.....so I'm just suggesting we do what it says in the Bible and love thy neighbor. And pray for Peace..it will help....I know a lot of you brothers and sisters on the forum here believe in God our Father.....just a thought I had!! Red
    SW Connecticut

Amen brother ! ! !
    Floridaboy.

Comment

Red, you were one of first friends here. Everybody knows I’m a rock digger who finds artifacts sometimes. Yet, y’all let me into brotherhood.

My friend died. He was oldest and dearest. Had wonderful wife and incredible children. Fought literally for us pretty much his whole adult life. Went to law school at night, became a judge, fought more. That’s the kinda brotherhood that binds us....
      Last edited by Cecilia; 06-01-2020, 09:22 AM.
      Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• redrocks
        redrocks commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes C. U are part of our family here. I enjoy fossils shells and Rock's too. Sorry bout ur friend

You would have thought by 2020 in America we would be beyond this and capable of kicking any diseases rump. Maybe 2030?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Today, I gotta lion mask in mail. Now I look like a lion. We are lions! This is Justa Superflu.
        Last edited by Cecilia; 06-13-2020, 12:18 PM.
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Think I just heard John Lennon singing.. Yeah bro, everything seems crazed at this point in time...I’ve stopped watching the news... On a lighter note, I cooked DP pork ribs yesterday, put the cooker on smoke and went for a walk.
          I found 15 pieces of flint, a 100 year old 25-35 Winchester shell casing, a nice Midland base, and a Partridge Christmas family album ! I still love Shirley Jones....
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Hoss
            Hoss commented
            Editing a comment
            Red find their hole in the ground. stuff the opening with loose news paper. Once they stop moving the paper out of the way you know you got them all moved out. Also Granny smith apples draw them in like crazy. I was Maintenance director at a small Nursing home in New Haven and they started to tunnel under the building. I tried all kinds of bait until I hit on the granny smiths. They worked like a charm on them critters.

• redrocks
            redrocks commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the Amen. Matt.....I got granny Smiths....I'll try em....I hear they love cantaloupe too.....

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            LinnyMan, my grandpa had incredible garden. A mole was wrecking havoc. I saw him take pitchfork and still can see it today. If you got grandkids, spare them. (Was I ever a little girl?!)

Amen Red!
          South Dakota

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2097AB3B-3E3D-40B3-AC46-BEAD37B20FFC.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	459084 Click image for larger version

Name:	1A092451-4666-4946-BAFC-77C185177C68.jpeg
Views:	282
Size:	103.5 KB
ID:	459083 Red
            This about all that going on here.. The heartbreaker sure enough had fantastic great grinding on the base. The casings like this have me wondering if it were shot at a NA, they were still here back then. Some bad weather, the hail stones were ping pong size before melting . And some of my birds have returned. Click image for larger version

Name:	2A4D627E-702C-4526-ADDD-C68EC479056E.jpeg
Views:	320
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	459080 Click image for larger version

Name:	A8BA8FA9-4698-4B1E-BE8C-047A69B7FF35.jpeg
Views:	307
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	459081 Click image for larger version

Name:	AB9A5EA5-0CF7-4C1A-8D9C-23B5D5285E47.jpeg
Views:	309
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	459082
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              What's the head stamp on it?

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I think it was a peters casing Ethan. I’ll have to find and look again to be sure.

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Sometimes there are two digits on the stamp that say the year. It's darn old by the looks of it.

Forgive me Red, I know what your saying and I understand. I’ve not got right to vent here but this year, 2020 will not be one to dwell on.... I’m more confused than any other thing. Seems like everything I thought I knew, well, it just does not count anymore. I guess I’ve gone through life asleep. I don't think I’ll ever become a “ Woke “ person.......
            Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Bull ! Ur plenty awake jj

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              Prob’ly most awake person ever known. Do you even know what you’ve taught me?

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              What's next? Flying fire breathing spiders? I'm not thrilled with 2020 so far...

Amen Red , to much at one time but hey we made it through all the wars and in our day polio remember that !
            I caught the Hong Kong flu in 1968 I think that killed 1- 4 mil ..
            9-11
            I agree super bug/ flu

Comment

• redrocks
              redrocks commented
              Editing a comment
              Ya Tam. We will keep on keeping on sister!

That's why I like this forum so much. No arguing, no debates, just friendly conversation. Twitter is a war zone unfit for human habitation right now, and most other forums aren't that much better. I'm proud to be an Arrowheads.com member.
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              I am on several. My most recent one is a WWII forum, and I joined so I could learn more about helmets. Well I bought my first helmet, and they had a meltdown because I didn't ask them, the "experts" first if it was real. It is real by the way, and really nice at that.

• Lindenmeier-Man
              Lindenmeier-Man commented
              Editing a comment
              I can’t send my father in laws WW ll war album for you to read Ethan, but it is so very interesting. He drove a Sherman tank for Patton. He was put out of action early after Normandy, land mine blew tracks off his tank. Shrapnel in his legs. He got back in the game though and almost made it to Berlin. He got shot in the back while sticking up through the hatch to drive. A sniper ! There are sooooo many stories. His commander , to save ammo would order him to drive through farm houses, sometimes the enemy, sometimes a farm family. He came home, got married, had my brother in law and wife. Then, drank himself to death. I could take pics of some of the adventures though so you could read or print.

• Kentucky point
              Kentucky point commented
              Editing a comment
              Pics are great!

I had an GGreat uncle who served in WWII (Unknown unit). He was awarded a purple heart, and two bronze battle stars for his bravery during the Battle of the Bulge. My Ggrandfather was a Linguist in an unknown infantry unit after D-Day. He was a piece of work though. My other GGreat uncle was a radio gunner on a B-26 Marauder. On Dec. 23rd, 1944, over 70 German planes attacked his group, shooting his plane down. He was wounded in the Face and arms from the bullets of a Fw-190. His plane went down killing everyone on it, but h managed to bail out. He was captured, and interred into Stalag Luft III, a POW camp in Germany. He survived, and went back to his wife in Pennsylvania where he later died of a bee sting of all things. My grandfather on my mothers side was a sniper in the Airborne, Vietnam.
          Working...
          X