Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    The worst part of this is the stinging salt in one’s eyes. Just can’t keep up with it!

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    I hope it goes down some usually gets in the 90s every year around here but not with the humidity like we are having. You guys up north I think have it worse than me.
    Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 07-20-2020, 08:50 PM. Reason: Big fingers

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    Heat wave finally broke for the moment in Michigan. Saturday in Kalamazoo with the heat index was 107! I’m sure we’ll get another wave before it’s all over.

Leave a comment:

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    Very, very impressive. I used to do 7 miles every morning NYC, even in blizzard. And ride my horse in woods all day in GA in 100+. But, just don’t got it anymore. I’m glad you do; maybe you will inspire me!

• Cecilia
    commented on 's reply
    SH, just listening to tomorrow’s weather report: 109 degrees! Humidity 85%, no rain.....

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Now you're talking my temperatures I'm facing today. I just got back from taking a load of wood and boy it was hot. I'm not going out in this heat until it gets cooler looking for points.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Heat index is at 107 at the moment. Just finished a 5 mile walk. I’m sweating on my tablet, lol. Usually on days like this I’d walk that 5 miles at the air conditioned Planet Fitness, and watch one of the TV’s. But, it will be a long time, if ever, that I’ll work out with dozens of other people in an enclosed space. I don’t mind the heat, it’s what Summer is about, but I’d be lyin if I didn’t admit I’d prefer the gym on days like this.
    Last edited by CMD; 07-20-2020, 03:05 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Josie
    commented on 's reply
    Freeze them for about 8 hours before you go out. Just don't let them sit in freezer for days because sometimes the plastic will rupture.

• sailorjoe
    commented on 's reply
    I was particularly referring to places like Phoenix with an elevation of only about 1000 feet where temperatures were the other day predicted to be above 110. Some of the high altitude deserts like in Utah with elevations over 4000 ft. don't usually get that hot. 90 where I live often has a heat index of 100. In Utah a temp. of 90 has a heat index of 90. Anyway we are blessed these days to have air conditioned homes, schools, autos, etc. It was not that way when I was a kid. Almost everything is so much easier these days. And easier in my youth than in my father's youth when he plowed horses as a teenager in Illinois corn fields. No air conditioned tractors for him in the 1920's.

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Not doing much today already a heat index of 100 degrees and its not even the hot part of the day yet

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    commented on 's reply
    I notice one does not appear to sweat in high dry heat. But that’s only because it evaporates immediately. I always carried water when in the desert SW. All my trips out there were in July, and I had no problem, so long as I always had water nearby.

• Lindenmeier-Man
    replied
    We have many hundred degree days, thank God the humidity is low, around 15-20%. If the humidity were up, I couldn’t go out either !

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    I have limited carrying space I usually carry a 20 ounce Gatorade in each back pocket but even iced they get warm fast. It was wet which helped I'm sure but didn't taste good. I drink the low calorie

• antmike915
    commented on 's reply
    Lol; ain't that the truth. That actually happened on my last hunt; I had a red fruit punch one in my backpack (couldn't tell you how long it was in there, at least a month). I was in the middle of a field no where near my vehicle and I decided to drink it anyways. I actually felt worse afterwards, and had to leave earlier than I wanted too. So from now on I've decided on my igloo 2 quart (starting off with mostly ice of course).

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    Cold drink not hot Gatorade which tastes terrible by the way
Working...
X