No announcement yet.

Heat Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat index is at 107 at the moment. Just finished a 5 mile walk. Iā€™m sweating on my tablet, lol. Usually on days like this Iā€™d walk that 5 miles at the air conditioned Planet Fitness, and watch one of the TVā€™s. But, it will be a long time, if ever, that Iā€™ll work out with dozens of other people in an enclosed space. I donā€™t mind the heat, itā€™s what Summer is about, but Iā€™d be lyin if I didnā€™t admit Iā€™d prefer the gym on days like this.
    Last edited by CMD; 07-20-2020, 03:05 PM.
    Rhode Island

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      Very, very impressive. I used to do 7 miles every morning NYC, even in blizzard. And ride my horse in woods all day in GA in 100+. But, just donā€™t got it anymore. Iā€™m glad you do; maybe you will inspire me!

• CMD
      CMD commented
      Editing a comment
      The worst part of this is the stinging salt in oneā€™s eyes. Just canā€™t keep up with it!

Now you're talking my temperatures I'm facing today. I just got back from taking a load of wood and boy it was hot. I'm not going out in this heat until it gets cooler looking for points.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Heat wave finally broke for the moment in Michigan. Saturday in Kalamazoo with the heat index was 107! Iā€™m sure weā€™ll get another wave before itā€™s all over.
      Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

I hope it goes down some usually gets in the 90s every year around here but not with the humidity like we are having. You guys up north I think have it worse than me.
        Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 07-20-2020, 08:50 PM. Reason: Big fingers
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Itā€™s baaaaaaaack. Heat index into the triple digits tomorrow. Gonna start real early with a walk around the edge of the cornfield. Then meet up with JonnyV and check out the creek bed washouts. Then a little target shooting in the shade. Iā€™ve got the backpack with plenty of water ready to roll.
          šŸ‘šŸ‘

Comment

My wife walks and hikes all the time she got me started now . We have a loop trail in the state park that go's up along a ridge then back down to the river . It only rises about 900 feet then drops down only two or three miles but gets the heart pumping . We start early during the week and very few other people the weekends is another story . It's a lot steeper walking down to my dig but not long enough to do much good . High 90s to 100 for the last couple of weeks but its dry heat very little humidity .

Comment

Still hotter and muggier than usual around these parts. Iā€™m planning an early morning assault on the tall corn Friday morning. I found a couple of small bare spots where the corn didnā€™t take near my hotspot. Taking a trowel, 12ā€ sifting screen and plenty of water. Should be a fun time.
              šŸ‘šŸ˜ƒ

Comment

Hotter than the hinges of h... , well you get my drift. Factor in the high humidity of Tidewater summers and itā€™s just plain miserable. Even my pool water is warm.
                I just stay indoors and play with my trains.
                Deb
                Child of the tides

Comment

Ok just saw this one . Anyone who grew up in southern cal knows heat . 50 years ago before all the golf courses and people itā€™s would always hit 113 -115 deg then it would cool down to 105 and we were good . Always would go over the canyon to the beach where it was 80 deg cool water .
                  we would be in school no air con and just be quite.
                  Last year Georgia had that May heat wave 100 on the porch well that what the cheap temp gage said and thatā€™s a whole different ball game . Humidity !
                  never sweat in. 20-30 percent humidity .
                  when your eyeballs are sweating itā€™s time to stop looking for points .
                  I have been in Palm Springs at 125 whoa and walking across asphalt which would make it a bit hotter .
                  ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹ā€‹I was young and could handle .

Comment

And Death Valley hit 130 deg yesterday . Thatā€™s a century record !

Comment

• Rio Del Norte
                      Rio Del Norte commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Heard it was all time record...

• redrocks
                      redrocks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow Tam! I've been watching the old Western show called. Death Valley Days....on Grit TV....live those old episodes;!!

Originally posted by Tam View Post
                    And Death Valley hit 130 deg yesterday . Thatā€™s a century record !
                    At the least, the highest temperature recorded on this planet since 1931....

Rhode Island

Comment

• redrocks
                      redrocks commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Hey Charlie....how you been? Nice new Avatar....when did ya change it?.....I hadda put a flannel shirt on last 2 mornings down here in CT.

It was nice this morning 74 but now its pouring
                    NW Georgia,

Comment

Weā€™ve had some cool mornings here in Kzoo but back in the 90s during the day. Been in a bad drought. No rain in a long while and none on the way in the long range. Bad for the farmers here.

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                        SurfaceHunter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Plenty of rain here I'd like to send some to you if I could.

I think itā€™s safe to call the heat wave officially over in Michigan. Saturday morning checked in at 36 degrees in Kalamazoo. Luckily I was on a long weekend at Mammoth Cave National Park and the lowest it got there was 48. I gotta feeling weā€™re in for a long cold one here up north. I didnā€™t come home with any artifacts but I did bring home some good beer and a fine bottle of Kentucky bourbon.
                      šŸ‘šŸ˜€
                      Last edited by Uncle Trav; 09-20-2020, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I'd say so after the effects of the hurricane its going to the 50s here now at night. Winter is on its way. Very hot and humid summer though.
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                        X