sad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sad news

I just spoke to my dad...he informed me that Dr Frison has past away this morning..may he rest in peace
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Sad news for the archaeology community, he was a pioneer in the field. What a cool guy. A hero to me.
    San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

A great in the field of archaeology and I know how much he meant to you, sorry.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

My wife just told me. Seen it on facebook I guess. He was a good Archaeologist. He didn't look down on the local collectors like some do.
        Wyoming

Comment

26+ minute video, recorded in 2014....

Rhode Island

Comment

• Lindenmeier-Man
            Lindenmeier-Man commented
            Editing a comment
            TY Doc for the link. A extraordinary life, well spend with continuance of knowledge .... I’ve felt for a long time, ( And have not read the research) that taking a mammoth was not a common food source. I had always felt that in taking such a animal it would had have been that the animal in question were old or injured ! Seems Dr Frison had some sort of resemblance in thinking , fascinating ! The elephant spearing situation was enlightening although the carcass had no hair to penetrate. Who knows what a angry bull or matriarch cow or both and herd would have done to humans. Risky to say the least. Again Sir , TY for the link !

Chase sad news but a thank you for posting ..
          Charlie thanks for the link for everyone .. very thoughtful

Comment

Yup, sad news. I met him a couple of times when I was younger and he was a unique guy. An absolute wealth of knowledge.
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Condolences....
              Lubbock County Tx

Comment

I watched video and was immediately reminded of one of favorite novels, Legends of the Fall by James Harrison, story of man and sons living early 1900s on horse ranch in Rocky Mountains. Mother goes back East because too rough for her, but boys love the wilderness.

I’m sorry for all who knew and loved this Rancher-Archeologist; unfortunately, we all must suffer loss, if we live long enough....
                Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Wow so sad to hear. Sorry for your loss Chase.
                  TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss View Post
                    Wow so sad to hear. Sorry for your loss Chase.
                    Thanks Hoss...it's more my dads loss than anything...
                    he told me his concerns a few months back after they had met for breakfast that George went into the hospital that afternoon... then the call dad got from George where he could only understand every other word...yes my dad lost a very dear friend
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                    X