Hit the road, 2020.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit the road, 2020.

The year that some folks say came from the Devil himself is finally at an end. Good riddance. It's been a roller coaster year for everyone across the world, let alone our nation. Fires, hurricanes, pestilence, politicians, violence, murder hornets, need I go on?

But the year hasn't been all that bad. Many of us found more time (or at least excuses to get more) to get out and look for arrowheads, the thing that unites everyone on this forum regardless of who we are, what we believe in, who we vote for, what we wish for or anything else like that. The search for, and preservation of history, fun time with friends, the great outdoors, and the thrill of the hunt is what keeps us going, no matter what it's like in the outside world.

So as 2021 rolls around, let's keep our heads down, and feet moving, scanning the dirt for our next big find

Happy New Year everyone!

"The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Amen Kp, the glass is not half empty but always half full!
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Most got time off but not me being on the Frontline of sorts. That was a good write up KP I was just wondering where you have been. Good bye 2020
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        Well on Christmas day, and for a few days afterwards, the power would be out for hours at a time, and then as a coyote hunting experiment, I got selected to bring home road kill deer carcasses back home. Yeah, lets send the germaphobe out. Sheesh.

• SurfaceHunter
        SurfaceHunter commented
        Editing a comment
        Lmao 🤣

• Kentucky point
        Kentucky point commented
        Editing a comment
        You have no idea. I had to ride home in the back of the truck because I got gut... stuff all over me. Several day old guts stuff. I was ready to hurl the whole time. I took a shower for over an hour that day, lol!

Good riddance 2020... happy new year, everybody..
      Southeastern Minnesota’s driftless area

Comment

Well said KP, happy new year 🎉
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Sounds good to me Ethan !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Happy new year all! Good luck to the hunts in 2021.
            Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

Amen Ethan.. happy new year all!
              SW Connecticut

Comment

Well said to the man ahead of his years .

Comment

Happy New Years all! KP I hope 2021 starts off with a coyote or 2 for you... I’ve set up trail cams on roadkill deer I’ve brought to my property a couple times in spring and summer and got mostly Red tail hawk pictures. I’ve made bone piles of the deer I’ve butchered and had better luck with coyote pictures then.. could have been time of year I suppose.

Comment

Well said young man. The 'yotes I have seen this year are huge... think they might be those "coy-wolf" half breeds I have heard speak of. They'll meet my old J.C. Higgins if they stray onto the property. Hoping we all have a better new year.
                    Headwaters of the Little Miami, Ohio

Comment

Well said Ethan. May the coming year be your and all's best.
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

The Last coyote I saw down the road was big the face looked like a wolf and it was grey. Then the one I saw 2 years ago at the creek looked like a husky mix and was red. Strange
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cecilia
                          Cecilia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Coyotes, …we see them sometimes here. We don’t have deer in the yards anymore, tho, ever since we got our big Target strip mall. Ahh, civilization!

Struck a match to the wood stove this morning, took my 2020 calendar and wrote this past year’s most despicable things, one to a page. Then I burned it! Felt really good!!
                        Child of the tides

Comment

• Kentucky point
                          Kentucky point commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Lol, good work!

I just watched the clock switch over, sighed, and said "I got bad feelin' about this..." and went to bed.

• Cecilia
                          Cecilia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Good, good...

I had endless repairs in 2020. I just found my last one. Don't even get one of those facet covers that are Styrofoam and attach it and believe they will keep your pipes from freezing. The plumber is coming next week.
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

• Havenhunter
                          Havenhunter commented
                          Editing a comment
                          😳🥶☹️

• Cecilia
                          Cecilia commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Owning a house is the American dream.... and the American nightmare. I’ve been smelling mildew since we’ve had our last deluge!
                      Working...
                      X