Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    I can't even hit all of my permissions before the next flood comes. After tomorrow they are calling for more next week

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    Well I finally got some rain but I can’t get into my main permission field. The farmer rotated from corn to beans and planted early. I’ll have to wait until the plants are up high enough so I won’t trample them.
    🥳

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Trav
    commented on 's reply
    All that rain should be bringing out the good new finds I hope.

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    I'm still waiting on a day without rain. 😕 next 3 days big rains I'm wondering if it will ever stop.

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    commented on 's reply
    It rained here again today. Needs to dry some before they can plant. I am excited my black and white field has some piles of chicken scratch on it which means they might disc it.

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    Well I hate to be a downer but now I’m waiting on the he rain. My area of Michigan is dry, dry, dry. Last spring at this time we had more rain than we could handle. Really need a good gully washer in the fields.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Trav
    commented on 's reply
    Well it’s a fresh 24 degrees outside this morning. No rain in the forecast until Tuesday but hopefully something will turn up.

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Have to wait for some rain Trav or some really heavy dew before the points will show. Hardstone is easy to spot but the rest won't pop much until then. Good luck
    Last edited by SurfaceHunter; 03-19-2021, 10:43 PM. Reason: Added word

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    Just got word that the farmer was working in the cornfield at dusk tonight. I’m planning an early push tomorrow morning. Been waiting a long time and my gear is packed and I’m jacked.
    👍😃

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Well we got one whole week with no rain sure was nice. Of course its pouring again for the next 3 days. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever quit raining.

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Just throwing this out there. When you drive past a field it can look like it would be a waste of time. But if you actually get out and walk it looking straight down while standing straight up it looks different and you can see some dirt. Not the best way to hunt but can be productive. I call it hunting the jungle

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    Well now I’m waiting for spring plowing. All my permission properties are covered in field stubble and fodder. The farmers don’t do a fall plowing or run a disc over the fields after the harvest. I did try to look but it was a major skunk ambush in the fields. I still had a good day in the country though. I know the good stuff is just waiting out there to be found and I’m a patient man.
    👍😃

Leave a comment:

• Flint Eastwood
    replied
    Uncle Trav,
    I suggest a little road trip, paying close attention to fields plowed fall of 2020.
    I have located six. Two have now been hit...my son has seven sweet points...and I seven priceless memories!

I think I will start investing more time scouting fall/winter so I am ready come March.

Flint

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Getting a break from the rain finally for a week. 50-70 degrees of course i have to work

Leave a comment:

• Mugwomp13
    commented on 's reply
    We are lucky here once in a while a eastern diamondback rarely a cottonmouth mostly racers blue and black or hog nose corn snakes mostly harmless
    Last edited by Mugwomp13; 03-03-2021, 01:46 AM.
Working...
X