The waiting is the hardest part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The waiting is the hardest part

Iโ€™m waiting for the big thaw up here in the North Country. Seeing all of the great posts from folks in the milder climes has got me itching to go on the hunt for artifacts. I love where I live but working outside all day and coming home and snowblowing and shoveling gets a bit old this time of year. Passing by cornfields buried in snow gets my imagination going just thinking of what is waiting to be found when the plows get rolling again this spring. Keep posting all the great pics as they keep that small fire burning in me for the next hunt. Stay warm everyone. Spring is on the way but the waiting is the hardest part.
    ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

I know the feeling.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I second that!
      SW Connecticut

Comment

Iโ€™m out every weekend unless it rains. Just not on the hunt this time of year. Not bad if you dress right ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
        Last edited by Uncle Trav; 02-13-2021, 09:24 AM.
        Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

• gregszybala
          gregszybala commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, if there is no snow on the ground I'm out there but we haven't had this much snow on the ground for this long in a long time.

Hey Trav... you need to jump in the creek as soon as it warms up a bit.....๐Ÿฅถ
        Southeastern Minnesotaโ€™s driftless area

Comment

• Uncle Trav
          Uncle Trav commented
          Editing a comment
          The closest I can get to open water now is through a spud hole in a shanty ๐Ÿ˜‚

I haven't had any snow worth counting but might as well due to all the rain. Fields muddy and creeks full to the rims. Can't walk through the red clay mud one of my rules I have to follow, if its sticky don't walk. Then of course possibilities of losing permission to another spot. I hope you can make it. So what state are you in again I forgot
        NW Georgia,

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
          SurfaceHunter commented
          Editing a comment
          Never mind I see it now

This too shall pass, maybe take up knapping, Lol...I feel your pain.
        Floridaboy.

Comment

• Uncle Trav
          Uncle Trav commented
          Editing a comment
          This time of year I do a lot of napping

• Hal Gorges
          Hal Gorges commented
          Editing a comment
          Me too, Lol.

I like this time of year here, even better than groundhog day because the maples are turning red with new seeds and saw some daffodils almost ready to bloom and one blooming in a sheltered area. green leaves are just around corner and just a few more cold snaps. We hunt almost year round here though unless weather is really bad.
        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Uncle Trav
          Uncle Trav commented
          Editing a comment
          Well at least the cardinals have started to sing. Always a good sign of better days ahead in these parts.

I am with you officially sick of winter if there wasnโ€™t this 3-4 inches of snow more coming tonight I donโ€™t mind hunting in the cold
        NWOhio

Comment

Pitch the snow shovel for a no.2 and dig ya some.

Comment

Amen Trav, snow covered ground makes for a grumpy hunter.
            Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Hay paoh and all my friends, I'm back. We have about 13 inches of the white stuff. it's been snowing about twice a week adding a few inches more. It might be another month until it all melts. I know how you feel paoh! Kim
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

• Hal Gorges
                Hal Gorges commented
                Editing a comment
                Whatโ€™s means white stuff ?โ˜น๏ธ

You ainโ€™t lying!!! The only thing that was somewhat keeping my mind occupied was deer hunting and that just came to an end on Saturday. So now what are my going to do to pass the time? Something tells me that I can see myself out there with my snow shovel cleaning off one of my dig sites and borrowing my cousins big ass blow torch that he uses for torch down rubber roofing to thaw out the ground for a little bit of digging. I built myself a new screener and Iโ€™m itching to try it out lol
              Warren County New Jersey

Comment

Negative wind temperatures this morning and snow falling hope it doesn't fall all day cause its my first day back to work from surgery. I work a good distance from home and have to travel through the mountainous areas to get here.
                NW Georgia,

Comment

• Uncle Trav
                  Uncle Trav commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Be extra careful out there I know those mountains can be dicey down there in this kind of weather. Take it easy that first day back.
                  ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• SurfaceHunter
                  SurfaceHunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I hit a patch of black ice on the way home. Wasn't going fast but it was a eye opening experience.

RIP Tom ! https://youtu.be/uMyCa35_mOg
                New Jersey

Comment

• HBird
                  HBird commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Right on brother!! One of my favorite artists of all time
              Working...
              X