No announcement yet.

The waiting is the hardest part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the temp hit 46 yesterday!! The deep snow here in Kalamazoo has started to melt and beginning to turn into deep mud. And the wait goes on.
    πŸ˜πŸ‘
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

Comment

Beautiful days until my next day off which is rain of course
      NW Georgia,

Comment

Maybe another week if the temps hold and melt all this off.
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Well Trav I finally get a weekend day off and everything is flooded again must of poured last night while I was sleeping still raining now. I hope you didn't get more snow
          NW Georgia,

Comment

• Uncle Trav
            Uncle Trav commented
            Editing a comment
            No new snow. There’s still about two feet of it in my favorite field. Everything around here is turning into a huge mud pit with the mild thaw going on now. Still playing the waiting game.

Good thing my sink broke gave me something to do. I've figured out just how long parts and appliances last now days 10-15 years. Maybe things will dry out some soon for all of us.
          NW Georgia,

Comment

Well we are getting a thaw this 18 inches is melting fast enough
            NWOhio

Comment

We still have 6 or so inches here but some areas with good southern exposer are melted off. River sites are open though. Warmer days now in the 40s. Got to keep on the river till the run off floods them. Kim
              Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

I hear ya brother ! To some Hawaii sounds nice but with never any seasons there is that !
                Biggest thing no point hunting till I go to Georgia in spring .

Comment

Well I waited as long as I could. Saw 2 snakes and no flakes. Little rhyme for you and the skunk lol
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

• Uncle Trav
                    Uncle Trav commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No real fond of snakes.

• SurfaceHunter
                    SurfaceHunter commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No I always let them go first lol

• Mugwomp13
                    Mugwomp13 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    We are lucky here once in a while a eastern diamondback rarely a cottonmouth mostly racers blue and black or hog nose corn snakes mostly harmless
                    Last edited by Mugwomp13; 03-03-2021, 01:46 AM.

Getting a break from the rain finally for a week. 50-70 degrees of course i have to work
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Uncle Trav,
                    I suggest a little road trip, paying close attention to fields plowed fall of 2020.
                    I have located six. Two have now been hit...my son has seven sweet points...and I seven priceless memories!

I think I will start investing more time scouting fall/winter so I am ready come March.

Flint
                    northwestern Pennsylvania

Comment

Well now I’m waiting for spring plowing. All my permission properties are covered in field stubble and fodder. The farmers don’t do a fall plowing or run a disc over the fields after the harvest. I did try to look but it was a major skunk ambush in the fields. I still had a good day in the country though. I know the good stuff is just waiting out there to be found and I’m a patient man.
                      πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Comment

Just throwing this out there. When you drive past a field it can look like it would be a waste of time. But if you actually get out and walk it looking straight down while standing straight up it looks different and you can see some dirt. Not the best way to hunt but can be productive. I call it hunting the jungle
                        NW Georgia,

Comment

Well we got one whole week with no rain sure was nice. Of course its pouring again for the next 3 days. Sometimes I wonder if it will ever quit raining.
                          NW Georgia,

Comment

Just got word that the farmer was working in the cornfield at dusk tonight. I’m planning an early push tomorrow morning. Been waiting a long time and my gear is packed and I’m jacked.
                            πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

Comment

Working...
                            X