Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mailman
    commented on 's reply
    I'm right there with ya. Bannerstone site got a good disking, early this week. Good soaking rain at sunset, today. You know where I'll be, tomorrow!

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    Well after permission fails and no-till problems. I may have a chance at something. My hotspot that ent no-till last year just got a heavy disc. Gonna hit it tomorrow. I’ve been on a long dry spell so hopefully something may turn up. Time ta kick dat dirt!

Leave a comment:

• Hal Gorges
    commented on 's reply
    What’s means white stuff ?☹️

• Uncle Trav
    commented on 's reply
    Amen

• gregszybala
    replied
    Getting harder and harder to find permissions with worked land.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Trav
    commented on 's reply
    Oh I still will spend hours in that field. Plowing brings up new stuff every season and now it’s no-till so that slows the finds
    way down. I’m far from down and out! Just gripping about the situation LOL
    Last edited by Uncle Trav; 09-18-2022, 07:44 PM.

• Pishtaka
    commented on 's reply
    Does no till mean 0 chance of artifacts for you, or does it just make the numbers drop below what makes it worth going out to look?

I search 100acres of untilled land and it's my most producing spot. I am sure it'd be better if it was tilled, but I still go out there and find something at least for every 2-3 hours I look in those fields. I hope the farmer tills it sometime soon. Usually they till it every 4-5 years even if no-till, I've been told from local farmers.

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    We’ll all of my big plans for new permissions to hunt fell through this season. I’m back to two sites now. One went fallow and one went no-till. With the passing of my brother-in-law in February my sister has sold their house that was a mere 400’ from my hot spot. I still can hunt the field but it turned no-till this spring and with no one nearby to give me field updates it’s gonna be hit and miss getting out there. So the waiting continues .
    🎉🎉🥴

Leave a comment:

• Hoss
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry for your loss Trav prayers going up for your peace of mind.

• gregszybala
    replied
    So sorry for you and all Trav. You know he'll be along with you this spring as well.

Leave a comment:

• UpNorth
    commented on 's reply
    👍

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    The waiting has become bittersweet. My brother-in-law passed away last week after a battle with brain cancer. He was a dear friend and artifact hunting partner. His passing has made this winter seem a little longer and a little colder than usual. He and I couldn’t wait for the fields to be plowed and a fresh season of hunting to begin. We always celebrated a hunt with a cold beer on the patio afterwards. Successful or not we always had a good time. This spring I’ll be back at it but I won’t go alone. I’ll be carrying his memory with me and that’s worth more than any artifact I can ever find. I’ll still have that beer afterwards and enjoy it with a smile.

Leave a comment:

• SurfaceHunter
    replied
    Maybe the creeks will drop for you so far it just keeps raining here every day in the afternoon.

Leave a comment:

• flintguy
    commented on 's reply
    You have to hit those creeks up there. I'm city bound down here. They're literally starting to stack big condos six stories high now because there's no more farmland to be had. I still survive by finding small plots of land I'm allowed to hunt, basically in people's backyards with little feeder creeks that flood. It's not as productive as a big open farm field but I do get lucky every now and again. Plus no plow damage.

• Uncle Trav
    replied
    Well back to the waiting game. We went from literally a severe drought to nonstop rain and flooding. With no new permissions and the crops growing fast, high and thick hunting is on hold for now. Don’t even ask about the mosquitoes aka “ The Michigan Air Force”. Keeps posting those finds folks. Helps hold me over till the next score.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X