Double Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Double Vision

About a month ago I was walking out to the barn and all of a sudden I had double vision . And triple vision things were just stacked one on top of the other off to the eye doctor . She scared the hell out of me asking if I had hit my head suggesting I might need a MRI she said I had a cataract that needed surgery before it got worse . I made another appointment and called my family doctor he had me come right in and within minutes had me an appointment for a MRI . My doctor also asked if I had hit my head and maybe I had a mini stroke so now I'm thinking my arrowhead hunting days were over . Now the family is freaking out and me trying not to think about a tumor my vision was getting worse . The MRI was clear no brain no pain lol . Fast forward to this week I had eye surgery to remove the cataract . Back to the eye doctor for after surgery check up everything is great I could read the newspaper without my reading glasses . Today I was out on the deck to check my long range vision and its is great looking at the ground is crystal clear . A couple of days for my eyes to adjust and back on the hunt I still don't have an answer for the double vision but it was slowly getting better before surgery .
    I now have an new lens in both eyes I had one done 10 years ago by the same eye doctor that time I went blind in the right eye also while working in the same barn . Thank God things are getting back to normal .

Dude, that's a frightening experience. Having a successful eye surgery is great though. New lease of improved vision. More finding.
    California

Comment

Glad things worked out for you south fork, time to get after them!
      Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

Good news i bet its a relief being able to see again. Last month when I was sick from work it was due from having melanoma surgery. They cut a long 4 inch incision and removed a cancer tumor i didn't even know i had then removed 4 others that were surface cancers. I thought they were tick bites so long story but go to the dermatologist. Saved my life
        NW Georgia,

Comment

Hey Dennis, I pray that your vision continues to improve. Going blind is something I do fear.
          Michigan Yooper
          If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

• south fork
            south fork commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks a 100 percent improvement with my sight I can drive again . I'm out in the country 12 miles to town a long walk on a road with no shoulders and a long drop . I'm not going to try it for a few days then maybe a trip out to Tilly's Hill to test my eyes .

I’m so happy everything’s okay Dennis, we don’t pay the eyes no never mind till something happens, Now go find some teensy weensy beads,
          Floridaboy.

Comment

• south fork
            south fork commented
            Editing a comment
            I have a bunch of little ones I might try and string up on dental floss for a test . I go back to the eye doctor in 3 weeks for recheck and to see if I need glasses ?

• Cecilia
            Cecilia commented
            Editing a comment
            I wanted to be astronaut when little, but heard needed perfect eyesight. Regardless, nobody ever called me four eyes! Read Mayans polished obsidian for monocles. People who wear glasses rule! Lol!

Good to hear Dennis. We now expect you to find twice as many!
          My wife has had both cataracts removed and had double vision in the past. She got blood work done and found out she has type 2 diabetes. No medication, she controls it all through diet.
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

• south fork
            south fork commented
            Editing a comment
            That's good to hear I had blood work just before all this started no diabetes at the time of testing but was asked about the possibility . I feel good but losing some weight would make the hunt a lot easier lol .

The double vision thing is scary... Glad it all worked out....I'm gonna eat more carrots now!!!
          SW Connecticut

Comment

Glad to hear your on the mend so when they did your surgery was it laser or flint?? So I guess we will be seeing a lot more points
            NWOhio

Comment

• south fork
              south fork commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks flint and there should be a good show this season .

• Cecilia
              Cecilia commented
              Editing a comment
              It was quartz!
          Working...
          X