Shawnee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawnee

Hi all. I've been away a few days and wanted to touch base with you all. You see my sons dog Shawnee took a turn for the worst two days ago and we had to put her down late last night. Shawnee was 15 years. I got her for my son Nathan when he was 2 and Shawnee was only 4 weeks old. They both had a wonderful life together. When Nathan got home from school yesterday I had to tell him that Shawnee was dying and he needed to help me make a decision. Nathan stayed with his dog all afternoon and evening, he didn't do his homework. At 8:00 last night he made the decision that we needed to put Shawnee to sleep. We took her to an animal hospital at 10:00 PM and put Shawnee to her last sleep. Everything went very well and she passed very quietly and peacefully. We buried Shawnee this afternoon. I sent Nathan to his Mother's house so he could get away from our house. Today is the first time in my life that there isn't a dog in my house in my whole life. Please send your sympathies to Nathan and I will read him all of you comments when he gets home on Sunday. I have to tell everyone of you, Thank you for just being there for us. Though we really don't know a whole lot about each other, You are truly my friends. Sincerely your friend, Kim.
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Kim it is never easy to loose a good friend like Shawnee, i have hade several dogs over the years and it never gets any better loosing a good friend.
    South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Jonny I know you mean it.

Kim and Nathan, I'm sorry for the loss of Shawnee. It is difficult to lose a fur baby. I lost my, almost 17 year old, Westie in Dec 2019. Just remember the good times you had together. Give it some time and start over. Lots of rescues needing a home and a friend.
    ​​
    South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Josie I'm really hurting right now. I just took some milk bones and a dish of water out to her grave and haven't stopped crying since.

Sorry its always hard losing a family member. Some how the job of taking a pet for his or her last car ride is my duty. Very hard thing to do. I've lost 2 really good dogs in the past 5 years. Still have 3 more for right now. Im not getting anymore after these pass.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

• Cecilia
      Cecilia commented
      Editing a comment
      O, how many times swore that self!

My best friend closed his eyes last night
    as his head was in my hand
    the doctor said he was in pain
    and hard for him to stand
    many thoughts ran through my head
    as I cradled him in my arms
    I thought about his puppy years
    and oh his many charms
    today there was no gentle nudge
    with an intense i love you gaze
    only a heart filled with tears
    remembering our joy filled days
    But an angel just appeared and said to me
    you should cry no more
    God loves his canine friends as much as you
    he told St Peter to install a doggie door on heavens gate

Anonymous
    NWOhio

Comment

Sorry for your loss. pets are family. May the peace of the lord be with you and your son during this difficult time.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Sorry for your loss Kim and Nathan, my thoughts and prayers are with you both during this difficult time. It's wonderful how animals come into our lives and hearts and open up shop.
        🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

My heart goes out to you both, as a boy who has had his world turned upside down and a dad who feels double heartache, my prayers are for your healing.
          Floridaboy.

Comment

Had big day yesterday at “work”, which truly love and don’t get to do too often anymore, unfortunately, but was too keyed up afterwards and can’t sleep. So, now doing things avoiding like clearing emails, paying bills, and finally making self read this post. Two of you, and suffering with kind of pain know only too well.
            If ever able, please post pics Nathan and Shawnee ? My daughter raised by two sucessive dobermans coz dad died and mom working home all time. I saw amazing incidents, connection between little lonely girl and giant, giant constant canine companion. Last one, Oliver, so old, sick with liver cancer. Told him wait, don’t go yet, J’s coming home. He hung on, gotta 7 mth lease on life only coz of her, and was with her every moment, even when took baths.....

Just when Man thought he could not go on, God gave him Dog.
            Last edited by Cecilia; 03-13-2021, 07:30 AM.
            Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Growing up with your first dog is a best friend like no other. Sorry Nathan.
              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hearing about a lost pet always makes me cry...my heart is with you during this time.
                Last edited by Rio Del Norte; 03-13-2021, 10:08 AM.
                San Luis Valley, southern Colorado

Comment

Sorry Kim, always hard to say goodbye to a beloved companion. I’ve felt your pain several times over the years. Tears me up for you and Nathan.

Comment

I know how you are feeling and it's just awful. So sorry.
                    California

Comment

Sorry to hear this Kim. My dog was my best friend growing up. When I lost her, I never got another dog again. It was too hard.
                      Central Ohio

Comment

• Cecilia
                        Cecilia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        After BC died, can not even ride, must less think about getting another. Funny, how whole life can change after one event. If someone said “after Oct. 6, 2014, you will never ride again,” woulda asked if were still gonna eat...
                    Working...
                    X