Bad Storms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Storms

Well it has been storming all day on and off with lightning and tornado warnings on and off. Had to take my kid to work tonight. What a mistake, on the way I hit hail then 60 mph winds. Pulled under a overhead at some gas pumps. Waited till it passed. Dropped her off and on the way home the roads were flooded. Hard to believe people were still tailing me with a foot of water on a 2 lane road. I had to pull over 4 times so they could go 50 on a flooded road. I hope others don't get that storm idk might of been a tornado.
    NW Georgia,

5 inches of rain already and another storm coming now. They say storms until 4 am.
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Bad storms across the south today Glenn a bad tornado went across alabama . Glad you made it safe. It is pouring with high winds just south of Knoxville right now.
      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Cecilia
        Cecilia commented
        Editing a comment
        Friend Amy member Internat’l Carpenters’ Union working in Knoxville now. Drove from there to my house yesterday afternoon in pouring rain. Think she brought it with her!

Surprised it hasn't come my way yet, it's excessively windy and been overcast all day today. Stay safe Glenn.
      🐜 🎤 SW Georgia

Comment

Glad ya made it thru that glenn!
        SW Connecticut

Comment

We had the same thing last night. Continuous thunder and lightning, strong winds and some hail. I have to go and clean up my yard now.
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Glad you made it through ok. Happened to be up late last night and watched on tv as a tornado hit Newnan. Sounds like they got lucky that more people weren't hurt. Just a bunch of wind up here. Hardly any rain.
            Central Ohio

Comment

Drove over the creek I was in my last trip its over the banks that equals to 6 feet deeper. We had another tornado come close at midnight but didn't touch down. Just really windy and quick. Before I could make it to the basement it was gone. 5 minutes later the sirens came on. But it was already gone.
              NW Georgia,

Comment

• utilized flake
                utilized flake commented
                Editing a comment
                Glad you made it through... I witnessed several tornadoes in Alabama during my 10 yrs there, gave it up for hurricanes in North Carolina. Imagine the points exposed in the washout! Water takes 5 days to return to normal in the creeks I walk. Good luck man!

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                At least 5 days with no rain but have more coming again. This state gets more rain than Florida. Thanks

Glad you made it thru surface....we were expecting strong storms too, but it stayed south of me
              Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

• SurfaceHunter
                SurfaceHunter commented
                Editing a comment
                Very lucky it was the worst storm i have ever experienced other than a hurricane.

Originally posted by SurfaceHunter View Post
              Well it has been storming all day on and off with lightning and tornado warnings on and off. Had to take my kid to work tonight. What a mistake, on the way I hit hail then 60 mph winds. Pulled under a overhead at some gas pumps. Waited till it passed. Dropped her off and on the way home the roads were flooded. Hard to believe people were still tailing me with a foot of water on a 2 lane road. I had to pull over 4 times so they could go 50 on a flooded road. I hope others don't get that storm idk might of been a tornado.
              Idiots and Mother Nature are always trying to kill us be safe out there .

Comment

Had bad storms here in east Tx. last night . None close to me but my son had a tornado about 1/4 mile from his house. No damage though.
                east Tx.

Comment

Well raining again but idk about other places in the USA here it's pollen season and when it doesn't rain you can actually see the wind blowing by the greenish yellow pollen. Just coats everything so the rain is a welcome relief.
                  NW Georgia,

Comment

Working...
                  X