Hunting in Hades🔥 be safe out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting in Hades🔥 be safe out there.

It’s hot out there folks. Not even the North Country is immune anymore. That urge to get out and score an artifact can be a hard one to resist even when Mother Nature won’t quit cookin’ in her kitchen. If your out hunting in this weather the three things you should always take with you are water, water and water. I work in construction and you can never have enough water in this heat. Another thing to remember when hunting alone is let someone know where your going and may be back. I know many of us go on a hunt to get away from the rat race but taking an untimely dirt nap in a hot field is not the getaway I want at the moment. Gonna be a hot, long and dry summer everywhere folks so stay safe out there.
    Last edited by Uncle Trav; 06-15-2021, 11:02 AM.
    Uncle Trav- Southwest Michigan

I carried a cooler yesterday with 8 bottles of Gatorade 4 frozen to keep the others cold. Then took a damp kitchen towel kept it in the cooler and every lap took a break. Cooler felt heavier on the way out I didn’t make it past 2 pm
    NW Georgia,

Comment

Well said sir

Comment

A great heads up. Lest we forget.
        SE IA

Comment

stay hydrated out there. Good advice for sure .
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Make sure to drink plenty of electrolytes, because electrolytes help disperse water throughout the body. I had a heatstroke a few years ago because I was only drinking water. The water would sweat out my stomach and pretty soon I was having muscle cramps, head aches and spotting in my vision. Then it got worse with vomiting and body temperature fluctuations. I highly recommend coconut juice, because it has potassium and electrolytes.
            South Carolina

Comment

My friend said he’s acclimated but his brother turns white, makes gagging noises. Since I too “acclimated”, was clueless few yrs back how all a-sudden ended up all fours in dirt making more’n just gagging noises. Idk bout “sweating out my stomach”, Narrow, but do know violently tossed out mine! I did not know then that was sign of possible heatstroke! Remember, ain’t none of us as young as used to be….
              Last edited by Cecilia; 06-23-2021, 06:35 PM.
              Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Working...
              X