Back surgery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back surgery

So an update. I have my surgery date. Nov 11th. EKG on the 13 Oct. and pre surgery physical. Covid test Nov 8th. Pain has gotten much worse. Sciatica now in both hinny cheeks and lower back and down both legs. I got some non Narcotic med from the Dr.'s today. I have a 75% chance of full recovery. I just can't wait to get this done. I can't do anything except sitting or laying down without pain. I managed to go on a hunt today, Kim
    Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Oh brother....I'm putting you on prayer list man!
    SW Connecticut

Comment

• Mattern
      Mattern commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Red, God is taking care of me. I need all prayers.

👍
    Floridaboy.

Comment

After picking up all those artifacts I bet you’re back really hurts. Probably worth the pain. I get super leg cramps after a creek walk but I still go
      NW Georgia,

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        I hear ya Glen. Even if I have to crawl around on my hands and knees. Not rain nor snow or sleet or hail. From hinting Artifacts' we'll never fail. Thanks Glen I need all your support. I worked in strip mining for 18 years. Pro. Landscaping for 34 years. All back breaking labor. I haven't worked for over a month now, and it is still getting worse.

Hope that medicine can help You cope until surgery and I hope the surgery goes well.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

• Mattern
        Mattern commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Josh

Your Welcome.
      http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Good luck on your surgery I’m getting ready for my second round. Just call me titanium man
        respectfully John

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks John I wish you a great recovery. k

, im sorry to hear that, must put a bit of a damper on the ol head huntin, still you got out and went.....im down with folks dedicated to their sport like that!...lol...😉...good luck!...🙏🙂
        JR, from jackson co, southern indiana

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you TP. K

Sending well wishes and prayers! Know you will be glad to get the surgery behind you
        South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          I do appreciate your prayers and Thoughts Jo. It means a lot. I have some very good friends here. K

I'll be praying for you Kim. Back pain is hard to ignore.
        South Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks NW.

Kim
        I’m not gonna put a like at the top of this post. Reason ? It’s not funny , not fun, and painful Sir. Before surgery I talked w my primary doctor. He told he he knew a way for me to help recover. My doctor said, “ You’ll test for low T” Sure enough I did . Doc said I’ll give you T shots every week before and for 4 weeks after surgery. The doc explained that when your back hurts, the muscles in that area atrophy . The T injections will improve all around muscle. You’ll need to be able to lift yourself off toilet, etc . I was at work 3 weeks later with the titanium rods holding my back in place. The fellow that the surgeon fixed before me , it took him 6 months to be able to do normal activities.
        Now for the fun part , it seems that the anesthesia puts you to sleep for the actual surgery , but it puts your intestines to sleep for a few days. Most night shift nurses are Pilipino nurses. They have the training but don’t speak much English . Also, they have been fast tracked through the system and they like night shifts as the make more. They don’t know everything though as the small end of a fleet enema, is not the handle. This goes back to your intestinal tract being asleep ! You sure don’t want to hide out in the bathroom for hours waiting on a shift change ! Also, prolly have a Demerol pump. I did but the button was hanging off the bed when they came in to take it away ! So I never got to use it, sure would have too! I’ll be looking for you to become one of us Borg, if they install titanium . I’ll pray for the best for you too. Good luck my good man ! JJ
        PS , I recovered 100% in the time it to the cadaver bone to fuse ! About 6 weeks bc of the T injections before and after surgery Sir !
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

• Cecilia
          Cecilia commented
          Editing a comment
          Love LinnyMan stories! (Lil graphic, tho!🤣). See pm.
          Last edited by Cecilia; 10-12-2021, 03:08 AM.

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks JJ, I'll ask about those shots on wed.

Kim, you one of most persistent, consistent people ever met. I have no doubt this surgery just gonna be another chapter in book.
        Last edited by Cecilia; 10-08-2021, 11:26 PM.
        Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you very much CC. The pain today is unbearable. Meds don't do much. I do appreciate your comments. Friends always. Kim

Sending prayers and good vibes that surgery goes super well for you! My husband had a similar problem and surgery fixed his sciatica completely - hoping you have the same success.
        Central North Carolina

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks so much Gal. I need your prayers. K

got alot of prayers on your behalf. you'll be roll'en like a teenager before you know it.
        Utah

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Let's hope so Smbore, thanks. K

Get well soon their are natural supplements that can help your recovery try taking turkey tail before and after you can get them on line !!!
        New Jersey

Comment

• Mattern
          Mattern commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Bull. Turkey tail is all over the place this year. I
          l give it a try. By the way I have had the greatest success harvesting Schrooms this year. Should do a post on the great outdoors of some of my harvests.. K
      Working...
      X