• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Day/ and our American Indians

Click image for larger version

Name:	90F0FC47-71B8-4D59-ACCA-80C875B97308.jpeg
Views:	286
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	601972 Often overlooked today during this Great Holiday is the Contributions of American Indians during the First Recognized Feast. The facts and Truth of the Historical event hundreds of years ago may be clouded. One thing for sure. —American Indian tribes throughout Americas recorded History from the First thanksgiving on Eastern Seaboard’ to Sacajawea and the Nez Perce’ feeding and helping the starving Lewis and Clark expedition. We owe the First People’s Much Gratitude for enriching this Nation🇺🇸

You are so correct. But now we have a bunch yellin its a white supremacist holiday about genocide. Makes me sick. What are they gonna come up with next? Now Geraldo Rivera is saying the "OK" sign is a white supremacist sign because Rittenhouse used it. Were has common sense gone to? All this stupidity takes all the joy and fun out of the holidays.

Comment

• Sage hen jack
      Sage hen jack commented
      Editing a comment
      I’m with ya Brother. That’s why I moved to Idaho when I retired 7 years ago . I’ve studied every move these Marxist have made for last 30 years. My Ancestors fought in Revolution’ and every war since on Fathers side and on Moms fathers side were Iroquois that got caught up in it all. Nothing’s New under the Sun. —Truth & Freedom will prevail

• JoshinMO
      JoshinMO commented
      Editing a comment
      At first I thought this was bad timing but after It bouncing around in My Head a couple weeks nothing wrong lol. Yeah The whole ok sign stuff is crazy.

"Truth & Freedom will prevail" I pray everyday that it will brother. I also my Grandpa on mom side was Cherokee. Made a slow migration to Fla. after the res. was established. Went to Buncomb NC to N.ga. to Homestead Fla. to pick tomatoes then back up to Daytona Beach. The sir Name is Woodward. Its also in the book Trail of tears and were they were taken was also named the same.

Comment

The Thanksgiving feast & harvest festavle have probably been practiced for thousands of years by alot of cultures around the world romanticised & cultivated into a holladay for modern day society ! Pass The Gravy Please !!!
      New Jersey

Comment

Here's an opinion piece on why the first Thanksgiving went so well.

The Ecology of the First Thanksgiving
        Food sources around Plymouth Colony were so abundant because of Native land management
        Food sources around Plymouth Colony were so abundant because of Native land management

wasn't long before greed had taken over..

The settlers whom many Americans mythologize at Thanksgiving as peace-loving Pilgrims were, just a generation later, issuing government orders offering cash for dead Native American children

A bit of light on the horizon
        Many cities and states are observing the day. Here’s some of the history behind it.
        If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Follow The $$$. - I don’t get much caught up in the Matrix. Spend my allotted time enjoying Gods creation /Wife Kids and G kids. Writing Songs/Building Guitars and playing them. Working with my hands loving the old Dog. Hey thanks for posting the Bruce Cockburn’ song. Good stuff!!!! Think I’ll write a song. Y’all stay safe!

Comment

Working...
          X