• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for your dad🙏🏻

Comment

Thanks much guys, greatly appreciated

Comment

So sorry you're experiencing this and your dad too.

My dad went through this 3 weeks ago. He is 60, had to have triple heart bypass. You'd be glad to hear the success rates of open heart are outstanding and you should expect to be with your father a day or two after the surgery. He's going to be okay. It's scary as hell, and I cried like a baby when I heard my dad needed the surgery and had a heart attack. I was completely put at ease speaking with the doctors and vetted their promises via the internet and confirmed it's a routine surgery with an extremely low failure rate now days. Scary, none the less.

I wish you the strength and your dad to get through this and it be a bug on the windshield of life.

Comment

• Fla.Hillbilly
          Fla.Hillbilly commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks for the good info. My dad is 78. Surgeon said he will be up walking on Friday and home on Monday. Just don't think I could take losing another right now. Past 5 years wife's stepdad, my mom, my stepdad and younger stepbrother 43yrs old

Made it thru the surgery. Turned into a quadruple bypass

Comment

Hope your dad's recovery goes well hillbilly
          Benny / Western Highland Rim / Tennessee

Comment

He has a lot of folks concerned and praying. I add my prayers as well. Keep us posted my friend. Kim
            Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Woo! Out of the hard part! Now onto the other hard part! Recovery!

Please tell him to be mindful of his chest. Also don't make him laugh. Sleeping will be hard, encourage him to use pain killers if supplied, it'll help sleep and sleep is the most important for recovery. My dad is refusing pain killers and having a tougher time than he should. I broke my sternum in an accident a month ago and understand what the broken chest pain feels like. I took my meds and recovered rather quickly pain wise.

I'll keep sending good wishes to your pops and yourself. High hopes brother, high hopes.

Comment

My dad had first heart attack when he was 45, 30 years before his demise. And my very dear friend had quadruple bypass 20 years ago at an age I now consider pretty young. Today he still hunts dove early mornings, brings ‘em home to 5th wife to pluck, gut, fry up, serve with grits!

When I was sick for such long time thot never be better, another friend gave me passage written by Emmett Fox:
                “God created me to express a full and happy life. Every second of every day spiritual energy flows through every cell, organ, muscle, tissue and fiber of my being, revitalizing and renewing me. I do not allow symptoms or medical terms to alarm me. I am filled with the spirit of health. I make positive statements about my health. I am complete and whole because the spirit of God fills me with ever-renewing life.
                "Then your light shall break forth like the dawn and your healing shall spring up quickly" Isaiah 58:8”

Maybe you can share with Dad. Meanwhile, lotsa prayers from me and other AHers!

Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Prayers for your Dad’s recovery.
                  Georgia

Comment

prayers for dad health, prayers of hope and comfort for Fla.Hilbilly family
                    2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

things not looking so good. He still cant stay awake and hasn't eaten in days

Comment

• Cecilia
                        Cecilia commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, silly son, imagine having a period of time when heart struggles to provide oxygen to rest of body, followed by period of time during which tired heart manually switched off, traumatized by rearrangement of its structure, then jolted when switch flipped back on…. yeah, Dad prolly exhausted. And I never eat when I’m sleeping (tho my sleep-walking brother did!).

But seriously, even if he’s just mentally adjusting, docs will insist he get up and move pretty soon. They will let you know when to worry. Meanwhile, don’t, coz Dad will feel it. Enjoy him, however you can. For some of us, our dads most important person we will ever know….

Continued prayers for your dad.
                      South Carolina

Comment

Wishing the Best For Your Dad it is tough I know ! Sending one up for him and you !!!
                        New Jersey

Comment

Well he was home for 2 days and the home health nurse called Doc and now they are sending him to a rehab facility. I knew that witch wouldnt take care of him and trying her best to keep me away.

Comment

• Cecilia
                            Cecilia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Rehab will help him. It’s gonna get better!

Rehab is good Dave. It means they want to get him kick started again. Still praying for youall. K
                          Knowledge is about how and where to find more Knowledge. Snyder County Pa.

Comment

Working...
                          X