My Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Dad

Well doc gave pop a week or two cancer got into his liver he's comfortable right now im pretty bummed out .He taught me how to find arrowheads when I was about 4 or five had some of my best hunts with him taught me how to hunt fish metal detect and I tried my best to always impress him he was a little hard on me but it was always to show me how to do things on my owne gonna really miss him he always loved helping people fire fighter emt Vietnam vet if he said he would do it it got done ! His generation was hard core Great man I guess you don't think about stuff till ya got to sometimes he gave me his collection last night I will be posting pics he has some really nice points one is a cloves he found scouping minnows from a stream in a net when he was about 8 or ten right across the street Won't ever be the same I guess cherish the memory's still got time for a few more I hope !
    New Jersey

Thoughts and prayers, cherish the memories.
    Near the PA/Ohio state line

Comment

I’m sorry to hear this news. I pray God helps you get through this.
      South Dakota

Comment

Sorry to hear this. Sounds like he led a productive life.
        Central Ohio

Comment

Sending prayers of comfort for your dad and for your families peace of mind during this difficult time.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Hey . praying God gives you a great peace as you go through this time🙏.
            Floridaboy.

Comment

One of the worst things a doctor can do is tell someone they only have weeks or months to live . Problem is that people believe it they start to give up and resign themselves to that fact and many do go to untimely death’s. Last time I looked it was God who still sits upon the throne and HE has your dad and each and everyone of us in His hands . So irregardless of what some white coat says your father has as much time as God allows . I’ve seen ,heard and experienced miracles in my life and the lives of many others so it’s not over till it’s over period. Don’t mourn the living but enjoy these times and many more to come . Keep the faith

Comment

tough place.to.be Bull, prayers of comfort for your family
                2ET703 South Central Texas

Comment

sorry to hear. you have those memories to carry with you.
                  Utah

Comment

I hope and pray the best can happen in his remaining time and I want that for you and your family I know how you feel as I lost my mom to cancer many years ago. Hardly a day goes by when I don't think about her. It is good that he fathered you so well.

Comment

So sorry
                      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Prayers for your dad, you and your family. Hang tight to all your good memories.
                        South Carolina

Comment

Sorry man! Lost my brother to it Tuesday. I'm focusing on the good times and memories, but still tough.

Comment

• Cecilia
                            Cecilia commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I’m sorry about your brother. Solace is all around us; may you get some here

• Bullheadtee
                            Bullheadtee commented
                            Editing a comment
                            So sorry for your loss

O Bull, I am so very sorry! My Dad and my G’pa really raised me, and I feel their influence in my life every day. I agree with SgtD that only God knows when it’s time. But regardless, you prolly know in your heart whether he’s ever getting up and outta that bed again. I was grateful to be with my Dad in the hospital when he moved on; he was ready, and we all knew it.

He did not die of cancer, but a condition that just wore him down. I know what gonna say next not the same, and please don’t be offended, but my greatest everyday love has been for and with my animals, more than several of which had terminal liver cancer. My Oliver lived two years beyond his diagnosis, but like my Dad, when his time came to leave, he was ready.

Of course, you and your Dad will be together beyond this Earth. That something you don’t hafta try to believe, because you already just know….
                          Digging in GA, ‘bout a mile from the Savannah River

Comment

Lost my mom to that and my Dad to brain cancer.
                            I feel your pain and pray for you .

Comment

Working...
                          X