X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guilfords and Morrow Mountains

Guilfords and Morrow Mountains
    Posted by [shartis]

Moderator Note: this thread was first posted in 2011 but failed to transfer across to the new forum when the software was updated, and so has been re-created manually.

I have been sorting out my boxes of stuff I have picked up over the years trying to organize a little better. Here are all the better quartz mostly Guilfords and Morrow Mountains I sorted out. They kind of added up over the years. I am going to frame some of them up soon. Thanks for the look

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8613.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	437803 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8614.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	437804 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8615.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	389.5 KB
ID:	437805 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_8616.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	437806

Posted by [argohunter]
    Wow, that's an amazing number of artifacts. Are they all personal finds? They all look like they have common traits like they came from around the same area.

Posted by [shartis]
    Thanks man Yes they all came from around York and Chester County. 36 years of looking. They are the most comman type around here. Up untill the mid 80's about all the land around was open to the public under game management and the paper companies would cut hundreds of acres at a time then bulldoze and plow it all up. Lot of places to look back then and lots of farm fields. Things have change alot now it is a lot harder to find bare dirt.

Posted by [CousinDan]
    WOW!

Posted by [greywolf22]
    Looks like a swarm of bees. Nice collection. Lot of walking in that pile of material.
    Jack

gregszybala
    Wow Man! arrowhead heaven!

Posted by [tomclark]
    LOL, Shartis, you are out of control and a ratholer!!! hahahahahaha!!!:laugh:
    Serious collection there, Bud! You get to see, and us too, more variations within Guilford type than any museum or book could begin to show! A large pic of those would be a killer resource for local type and material and variants.
    Killer! Incredible!:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    I still have a few from S.C. area, quartz, some of my first collected pieces.

Posted by [turkeytail]
    Good god thats alot of points!

Posted by [roustabout149]
    :woohoo: Like looking out over the ocean. No end in sight until the water meets the horizon!!! In this case, it be the points!!! Beautiful lot of points, and happy sorting!

Posted by [Butch Wilson]
    Sam, I'd be happy to take the "culls" That''s just amazing !

Posted by [CMD ]
    Boy, that's alot of walking. Obviously, with great results!

Posted by [ksrocks]
    Great post Samuel, thats a lot of walking for all those finds. I wanted to say work but Im sure you enjoyed every moment, I would have! Nice, really nice collection. Joe.

Posted by [powwowsquaw]
    WOW!!!!! Now that would make any squaw giggle!!!!! Awesome!!!! :kiss:

Posted by [rob.s]
    That's awesome!!

Posted by [wmwallace]
    Sam, that is a historic accumulation of stuff!! Productive area for sure, even if it were a hundred years of walking!!! That is just awesome!!!-Bill

Posted by [2338Sport]
    Rita,
    Now that is a collection. Looks like you have the same problem I have,(Storage). I went surface hunting today in Sussex Co., VA, for a couple hours. Found a Morrow Mountain and a broach with some kind of brown agate stone. Maybe you might know the type. I just posted the pic. Thanks for the pics. Barry

Posted by [Hoss ]
    2338Sport wrote:
    Rita,
    Now that is a collection. Looks like you have the same problem I have,(Storage). I went surface hunting today in Sussex Co., VA, for a couple hours. Found a Morrow Mountain and a broach with some kind of brown agate stone. Maybe you might know the type. I just posted the pic. Thanks for the pics. Barry

??? Sam are you still Sam?
    Nice pile of points ya got there.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.
Working...
X