X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Old Dalton - S.W IL. - Mississippi River

Big Old Dalton - S.W IL. - Mississippi River
    Posted by [greywolf22]

Moderator Note: this thread was first posted in 2011 but failed to transfer across to the new forum when the software was updated, and so has been re-created manually.

This is my best Dalton. Gregory Perino on his COA said,"A Dalton knife form that is near perfect as a point can be." Its made of Burlington Chert. Its 133mm x 34mm. Found along the Mississippi River is S.W Illinois, near the Olive Branch Site. 11,550 years old. This one I will never sell.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21558.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	437808 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21559.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	437809 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21560.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	437810 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21561.jpg
Views:	322
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	437811 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21562.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	437812 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_21563.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	437813

Jack
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Posted by [Scorpion68]
    Jack - That is absolutely beautiful. Almost looks like they tried to flute from the base or is that just the flaking process. Really a super artifact. Can't blame ya for wanting to keep it. ---Chuck

Posted by [greywolf22]
    I see a lot of Daltons with flutes do not think they were doing it on purpose but it happened. Maybe Matt can talk more on this.
    Jack

Posted by [CMD ]
    Absolutely amazing quality, Jack. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by [turkeytail]
    WOW! That may be the nicest Dalton Ive ever seen.

Posted by [Butch Wilson]
    Ooooheee! Jack, that sure is a niceun !!!!!
    Butch

Posted by [greywolf22]
    Thanks guys. I was lucky to be able to ge this one.
    Jack

Posted by [Hoss ]
    Fine point Jack nice details in the photos too!

Posted by [greywolf22]
    Hoss
    Been using my new camera to take new pictures of all my points. It had a micro setting that gives me pretty good results without havinf to think a lot about it. Its basic point and shoot in bright day light, works well. Using a Sony Cyber Shot 16.2 mega pixels with Exmor R, what ever that is.
    Jack

Posted by [rmartin]
    Jack, that is one fine Dalton and the pics are nice too!

Posted by [Hoss ]
    Which model??? Dsc-? takes some fine shots

Posted by [relic_hunter]
    Awesome, super sweet Dalton, Jack!!! Exquisite! I use a Sony Cybershot 3D/1080 HD 12.2 mp w/Exceron sensor. Great point n shoot. Doesnt require alot of brains to use. My only problem is that I dont have a manual macro setting, its all auto. All in all...good camera. -Kenny

Posted by [Butch Wilson]
    I like your photos Jack. You're gonna shame us all, and force the rest of us into upgrading to new cameras.
    Butch

Posted by [ksrocks]
    Sweet Dalton Jack!!! Very good pics. & camera also. Have to get awful hungry to part with that one B)
    Joe.

Posted by [greywolf22]
    Hoss
    Its DCS-HX9V.
    Jack

Posted by [Weepingeyegorget]
    That one is approaching the elusive G.10+ just a killer point.. Nice flaking to boot..

Posted by [greywolf22]
    To me its a G-10+. Love this point.
    Jack
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
    X