Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes I tend to be a grouchy old ass! 

Comment

LOL! We ALL do!

Comment

Jackie, this is the Okie. I have to say, your attitude is a breath of fresh air. Let's see some more of your stuff. I really envy the fact that your family was so passionate about history and collecting. Thanks for all your comments and again welcome to the board.
        Bob

Comment

[QUOTE]rmartin wrote:

Originally posted by jackiejax post=71583
          I I may take the priviledge of answering for him, He sent me two messages that may explain why he removed and closed his account, as follows:
          1.  chris just sent you a new message.
          Title:
          The "boys" Club
          Don't let these guys bully you.  I don't really post here any more I just look at some of the finds.  They are so convinced in their heads that they are the experts. Bunch of middle aged men with artifact books living in mommy's basement.
            2.  chris just sent you a new message.
          Title:
          The Experts
          Looks like they were wrong again.  Some of the hooks I posted are thousands of years old.  Copper artifacts are some of the earliest examples of worked metal in the history of mankind.  LOL their not important at all.  Copper artifacts from the Great Lakes region have been accepted as being as old as 8000BC.
          Some peoples responses ARE a little dismissive and lacking tact and do seem downgrading to "newbies" as we are called. Just like he said...communications lacking respect and patience will cause some not to wnat to share or ask. A little kindness goes a long way...never know who you might run off...
            Jackie, you seem to be a classy Lady and this response it really not directed to you but rather Metalhead. This is not the first time he has done this. I really don't think I need to defend my responses but I am going to anyway. I visited my first Indian site at the age of 10 in 1961. Since then, I have read every book, journal, magazine, and report I could get my hands on. I have been on numerous archaeological digs, visited countless Museums from almost coast to coast, done the Show thing, and have found thousands of artifacts. I have also been on several forums, this one I landed on some time ago and its the one I enjoy. I do not come here to tell some one they have a "geofact or Rock" or even worse a fake. I would much rather be able to tell someone the have a true American Indian Artifact, but if in my opinion it is not, it does no one any good if I just pass it over or whitewash the situation. I come here to view the very things have been my passion almost lifelong and I come here to learn. I am not a middle aged man, I have passed that. I do not live in a basement and my Mother passed years ago. I am done with my rant, but would like to say that collectively, there are several others here that have more impressive credentials that me and that there is literally hundreds of years of experience here. Jackie, you have been respectful and please fee free to stick around.
            Jackie, welcome to AH.com!
          I am not going to comment on why this thread is here, and it seams that everything has been said regarding said object.
          I have stayed out of this topic, but want to say a few things regarding this site and its forum. I am no expert and do not claim to be, and as well as middle aged, I guess I am. The members here come here and reply to posts of there own free will, with no monetary gain what so ever. The members offer there knowledge and understanding of this hobby. Members are free to disagree on any and all subjects, both old members as well as new. I do not consider myself as an old member of this site, but yet one that has a thirst for knowledge to learn from the membership that contribute their thoughts on this site.
          "Newbie" has been thrown out there as some kind of degrading word, but I have look at this as a shortening for New person, New member, and has been accepted at describing some one new regardless to what ever site or job, hobby, and has been used by new people to describe themselves.
          I Just want to welcome you to this site. Thank you for being a member.
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Jackie, I just thought I was done with this tread. I left this post and opened up another post of someone new that posted a geofact. Our new members come here to show what they have found and are all excited to hear feed back. There is not one member here that takes pleasure in telling some one new they have posted a rock and not an artifact. They would be remiss if they did not state the facts. We were all once new to this hobby, and picked up geofacts. It was from the guidance of seasoned people that we learned.If the members that make a concerted effort to teach and reply on a daily, weekly basis, did not give there time, then this site would be a shell of its self. We all would lose a great wealth knowledge. IMO
            Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I wasn't run off or turned off at ALL! I'm very glad to be here and looking forward to learning more and more! In everything I've worked in in life I know you have to get to know peoples different personalites...we all are different and I find differences amusing and interesting! Thanks to you all....I hope to "earn my wings" with time! Just happy to have found you all! Hoping to get back home tomorrow and will try to photograph the few things I've found recently and post them for you to examine. sp READY to get off the road!!! Ugh!!!

Comment

Oh ! I have a NEWBIE question! lol! since I am so new tothis site.  The only social site I beling to is Facebook....I see we can request friends here? Is that cool or NOT cool? I"ve looked and see that many people have ZERO friends...so don't know if that s a dumb or senseless thing to do or worthwhile or not! I sent out a few friend requests  early on as I spoke or listened to some of you...out of being socially aclimated by Facebook..which was toatlly Chinese to me at first, but the kids and writers I work with told me I needed to get with the times and do Facebook....so fill me in on how to do this site. I really AM interested in making REAL freinds and possibly meeting others in my current area and even Texas where I still go frequently to go home... I hae no one else here but my neurologist whom does this here. If that's wrong or not looked well upon just tell me so I din't look like an idiot! lol1

Comment

Jackie I assure you, there will be friends here. I am sending you a request now! I's cool, but not the same type thing as facebook! Keep an eye out, sending a fb request too. Welcome to ah.com.

Comment

thank you! I"m certain it is NOT like FB...lol! Seems that has turned more into a fan page for me...and be warned....my sense of humor as well as blunt opinions show up there...lol! I  have some crazy friends as well....so hopefully don't be offended by the sometimes rank humor you'll see presented there....its gotten to be more like a venting...lovee me of leave page...lol! OH! and if it says I have too manh friends tell me and i'll delete some older irrelevant people....I get alot of rewuests from writers and bands wanting me to do something for their careers...I delete and replace often... just based on personal interactions with people, and letting in true friends I really know... just FYI

Comment

There are also many artifact groups on Facebook. 

Comment

Found in Central Illinois 1968.  Real or fake?

Comment

I'll bite.  Same as above.  Fake.  That one even has "provenance"....1968 and location....that makes the fake even worse.  That one is as classic a fake "thunderbird or whatever bird one wants to call them" as I have ever seen.  I have seen dozens of them, more if you count where they sell them.
                          There are pages and pages of posts about "them" on here and many more on the 'net.
                          Taints an entire collection, IMHOP.
                          Professor Shellman
                          Tampa Bay

Comment

I agree with Tom. I will never believe any were ever made by NA until one is found in a documented Archaeological context.
                            Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Dang, I dropped another one, I have to quit doing that!
                              Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
                              X