This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clay tablets (2)

Moderator Note: this thread follows on from the original "Clay Tablets" thread here:

an aquaintence of mine told me many yrs ago that back in in the 50s he was hunting in colorado and came up on a cave that appeared to be sealed off, after

clay tablets are on theyre way back from temple show, they were on display for most of saturday, reviews at the show seemed to range about 50-50.
    Last edited by painshill; 04-17-2020, 12:01 PM.

Cant wait to hear Jack's opinion after getting to see them upclose(if he did look at them)! Opinions ranged about 50/50, huh?! I wouldnt of guessed that high. The newspaper article is the whole piece, you know. There is no way....NO WAY, that I would say those are authentic Native American! Thats absurd! That is not to say that they werent found in a cave. Im just sayin that I dont believe they were there long, nor put there by an Indian.-Kenny

Comment

I got alot to say as to 50-50, but i'm gonna keep my mouth shut for fear of offending others.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I'm still curious about the origins of them myself!  They have defiantly been the talk of ARROWHEADS.COM!  Bdriller thanks for the post...Daniel

Comment

according to the newspaper clipping i posted some of these items were sent to harvard university in 1958 i have contacted a fellow there and he welcomed photos and info, hopefully there may still be some info about theyre arrival in 1958.

Comment

AAAHHH Come on Greg!!!!  To the 50% who believed it was authentic indian artifact.................I have a pile of rocks...EEERRRRRR I mean......... several hundred authentic stone effigy figures for sale at the LOW-LOW price of $99.99 each!!!!! Give me a call @ BR549. (free shipping!)

Comment

I just got home from the Temple show. I never seen the tablets. Were they on display on a table, or was somebody just carrying them around?
              Chris

Comment

There you go Mark, I need to eliminate the attitude and think marketing and retail! There's money to be made in them thar rocks, oops, I mean effigies, etc.
                Hay might be a good name for the business....
                                                        EFFIGIES ETC.
                Will be interesting to hear comments of those that attended the show and got a look.

Comment

Is it just me? Are you guys getting "sucked" into this ridiculous post again ?

Comment

YES, unfortunately

Comment

I think the only real mystery here is who planted the tablets in the cave and to what purpose?  They clearly date from the modern era.
                      Rhode Island

Comment

Clint I was at my table at the show all day Friday and Saturday. You should have come and looked me up. You did not tell me you were going to be there. Did Dwayne Rogers look at these? I would say the ones who did not like them were the educated and the ones who did were the uneducated who knew no better. 
                        I took a quick walk through the show but did not see these, what table number were you at?
                        Jack

Comment

I want to see the tablets!!!! I have found some strange square peices of stone or clay not sure what they are. Red as well as white.

Comment

greywolf22 wrote:

Clint I was at my table at the show all day Friday and Saturday. You should have come and looked me up. You did not tell me you were going to be there. Did Dwayne Rogers look at these? I would say the ones who did not like them were the educated and the ones who did were the uneducated who knew no better. 
                            I took a quick walk through the show but did not see these, what table number were you at?
                            Jack
                            I did not go, the owner went sat up by the food court saturday only dont know the booth # brought a pic back of some guys ocapellows that was wild,

Comment

Clint
                              The food court area is outside the main show area and where modern material is shown, only artifacts are allowed into the main show area. That might be why I did not see them.
                              Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X