X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Clovis

My Clovis
    Posted by [rmartin]

Moderator Note: this thread was first posted in 2012 but failed to transfer across to the new forum when the software was updated, and so has been re-created manually.

Here are the only two Clovis points I have found in 30 years of hunting. I was very pleased to get these included in the Illinois and Wisconsin Fluted Point Survey last month. They are 798 and 799 in that survey.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_20828.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	441816 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_20829.jpg
Views:	340
Size:	192.4 KB
ID:	441817 Click image for larger version

Name:	image_20830.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	258.3 KB
ID:	441818

Posted by [Rock queen]
    Very nice. Love the material.

Posted by [arrow719]
    You can sure see the age on those beauties. Not the easiest points to find that's for sure. Those are both killers!

Posted by [11KBP]
    rmartin wrote:
    Here are the only two Clovis points I have found in 30 years of hunting.

Clovis points are a rarity and those two are very nice ...you have done well Ray.

Posted by [kenwhite]
    Beautiful points, and I imagine (with more than a little envy) it must have been quite exciting to find those! Congratulations.

Posted by [Adena]
    Very beautiful! The material is lovely. And congrats on getting them published.

Posted by [rmartin]
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Ken, you are right about the excitement. They were both special moments. It took me 10 years to find the first, another 10 for the second. So.....that means I am due for another any time LOL.

Posted by [alibatesman]
    Great material...so sad it's broke..found one about a year ago on a site i have hunted for years..found everything else..and whatta ya know.. a clovis

Posted by [Hoss]
    Very nice Ray congratulations on the finds and on being added to the survey.Connecticut is working on a Survey now and mine will be published in there..

Posted by [cheesey]
    Nice pieces ray, this year marks my tenth year of surface hunting, maybe I will get lucky and find my first Clovis...thanks for sharing those

Posted by [CMD]
    Congrats, Ray. Great to be able to add to your state's known data base. Thank you for showing us those beauties, both are wonderful finds for sure.

Posted by [rockdigger]
    Very cool man.

Posted by [JoshinMO]
    Both have a different style, they have personality Congrats on those!

Posted by [Bone2stone]
    I've gotten to hold a couple does that count???
    The smaller one that patina is outstanding!
    10 years apart hummmm yeah you're due soon......
    And published as part of a survey even more "awesomeness".
    Don't think that is a word but who cares that is a "goodun".
    Jess B.
    Last edited by painshill; 04-13-2020, 12:19 PM.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.
Working...
X