X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhode Island Paleo

Rhode Island Paleo
    Posted by [CMD]

Moderator Note: this thread was first posted in 2010 but failed to transfer across to the new forum when the software was updated, and so has been re-created manually.

Like many surface hunters, I'm always dreaming of finding something paleo. Late paleo will do. Narragansett Bay is a drowned river valley, so any early paleo campsites in our area are probably at the bottom of the bay. But last night a funny thing happened. I was looking at a site frame and took a closer look at this point. I know where it was found, but neither my wife nor I can remember which of us found it. It was found severaly years ago. Apparently one of us has found a late paleo piece without either of us realizing it. It's thin, tan quartzite, and thinned to a hinge fracture on both faces.
    First pic is side A.
    Charlie

Click image for larger version

Name:	RI_Paleo_024 (2).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	159.6 KB
ID:	449254

Posted by [CMD ]
    Side B.........

Name:	RI_Paleo_026 (2).jpg
Views:	33
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	449255

Posted by [CMD]
    Side B showing an impact fracture to the tip. Well, this isn't Missouri, or kentucky, or Ohio, where we might have a chance of finding a true clovis, but by our standards this got us pretty excited, even if we don't know who found it!

Name:	RI_Paleo_023 (2).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	151.9 KB
ID:	449256
    Last edited by painshill; 04-30-2020, 04:16 PM.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.
Working...
X