X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDhunter
    replied
    Bone2stone wrote:

This sorta opens my eyes to some old ideas. 

Thanks for the input Roger.
    We can count on you to give us the opportunity to be enlightened. 

Great reading guys.
    Jessy B.
      Good one Jessy,  Never thought of him.  I think you might have something there! 
      :laugh:
    Gary

Leave a comment:

• Bone2stone
    replied
    This sorta opens my eyes to some old ideas. 

Thanks for the input Roger.
    We can count on you to give us the opportunity to be enlightened. 

Great reading guys.
    Jessy B.

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Didn't say I believed that.  I didn't even read it.  You can't mix Bible prophesy and science fiction movies into the same argument and convince anyone of anything.  I just added a link to a topic that was brought up that might create some conversation.  It will take more than some scientist to convince me of 800,000 year old footprints as well.  Scientists have been making mistakes as long as there have been scientists.

Leave a comment:

• painshill
    replied
    CMD wrote:

Gee, that sounds like it will be tough to avoid :blink:
    I hope I can still go to the beach.....
      Sure you can... just don't forget that tinfoil hat. And if anyone offers you a genetic upgrade, a polite "no thanks" would be an appropriate response.  :rolf:

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Gee, that sounds like it will be tough to avoid :blink:
    I hope I can still go to the beach.....

Leave a comment:

• painshill
    replied
    SDhunter wrote:

Now don't get me wrong,  because I have no idea,  but there are some saying that these are the Nephilim, which are the giants that are spoken of in the Bible.  Genesis 6.  Here's a link
      It's at least interesting.   

ps.  should stimulate some good conversation
    Marzulli has given extensive interviews and participated in long discussions with pseudo-experts and so-called scientists who have no peer-review for their various publications on the overnight Coast to Coast AM radio station broadcasting from Sherman Oaks in California. His well-publicised comments (as also detailed on the radio station’s website) would seem to suggest that this is what he believes:
    The human race will soon become enslaved to the armies of the Antichrist (whose wish is to be worshipped under a one-world “religion” of a malevolent nature). Whoever cuts a deal with Israel to rebuild the Temple Mount in Jerusalem will be revealed as the personification of the Antichrist (he suggests it could be Jordan's King Abdullah II) and a confederacy of nations will attack Israel, who will respond with the “Samson option” (a nuclear attack). Comments and actions made by the former President of Iran, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad were leading up to a nuclear exchange between Iran and Israel (in fulfilment of a 2,700 year old prophecy from Ezekiel) and Syria may also play a role in the coming catastrophe. If Russia sides with Iran, we could see the fulfilment of Ezekiel's prophecy referring to the “war of Gog and Magog”.
    The recent “Arab Spring” uprising is one of a series of global turmoil “precursor incidents” which are being instigated by the Antichrist and are designed to “soften up the objective” (world domination by an evil force). Recent extreme weather and climatic events such as the Fukushima earthquake, heatwaves and wildfires in Russia and elsewhere, volcanic activity in Iceland, the Myanmar cyclone, flooding in Pakistan -and- China, sea-life die-off in Bolivia etc may all be part of that softening up process. “Something's been let loose... to attack humankind in a way that we've never seen and it's manifesting in the earthquakes and the volcanic activity.”
    These events are leading up to the “Great Deception” (as prophesised in the Bible), whereby “aliens” will arrive in huge spaceships (1-3 miles wide) and motherships (possibly as large as 150 miles wide) telling us that they are here to save us. The Vatican is getting ready to reveal this extraterrestrial connection. We are going to be tricked into following the Antichrist (perhaps with promises of being freed from disease and granted the ability to live for hundreds of years) so that his evil armies can usher in the Apocalypse.
    The “aliens” behind this aren’t aliens in the sense of being from other planets, they are “inter-dimensional beings” (but nonetheless physical). They are “angels that fell from grace” arising from their evil disposition. As a result, they lost some of the supernatural abilities that angels possess and may need to rely on technology (such as disc-shaped craft) to travel and access our planet. Although probably up to 30 feet tall and “reptilian” in appearance, they can “shape-shift” to disguise themselves as any form. Their intent is to manipulate our DNA and create a covert army of hybrids which can integrate into our population and support the takeover of civilisation. An unseen heavenly war being is being fought in another dimension between the forces of good and evil, which is about to spill over into our world.
    They began this process long ago by interbreeding with human females on Earth, the resultant hybrids being known as the “Nephilim” who are also giant-sized (up to 15 feet tall). The suppression of ancient archaeological evidence relating to numerous giant skeletons around the world is part of the conspiracy to deny us the truth about creationism (versus Darwinism) and perhaps reduce the alarm in the population concerning the imminent apocalypse. In ancient times the Nephilim had a worldwide communication grid system linked to megalithic structures (including the Ohio Mounds) that they used to enslave humans. The system is no longer intact or functional, so when they rise up again they will hijack our existing satellite and communications systems to suppress and control us.
    The fallen angels also fathered Nazi occultism. The “Luciferic Sacrifice” of the Jews during the holocaust in WWII may have opened up a “portal” that allowed the “ancient ones” back through to our world - as manifested by the subsequent increase in UFO sightings, “alien” abductions, cattle mutilations etc. Our numerous encounters with “aliens” are linked to this great deception. When the Antichrist comes to power, you probably won't be able to buy, sell, or trade without accepting the “mark of the beast” (as prophesised in the Book of Revelation”). That mark will probably be offered in the form of a micro-chip-like implant portrayed as a kind of genetic upgrade that will increase your lifespan. Marzulli says the deception will be “the greatest Trojan horse in history”. Prototypes of these implants have already been found in people who have been kidnapped by “aliens”.
    The mass-micro-chipping process might start before the armies of the Antichrist announce themselves. A terrorist attack involving suitcase-sized nuclear weapons might be a good pretext for the covert hybrids that have infiltrated the decision-making circles in our society to enforce micro-chipping on the populace for alleged security reasons. The DNA of those that are micro-chipped will mutate and they will turn into “Nephilim” (“the seed of the serpent”) creating a new and dominant race on Earth.
      hmy:  :dry:  :blink:
      This is what the scientific evidence supports (and therefore what I believe):
    None of the above. 
      I hope that short summary saves you some cash by eliminating the need to buy any of Marzulli’s numerous books, including the “Nephilim Trilogy”… sadly overlooked in the nominations for the Nobel Prize for Literature.  :laugh:  I can’t help thinking of Douglas Adams’ trilogy “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy” leading to “a trilogy in four parts” and then “the book that gives a whole new meaning to the word trilogy” as volumes 4 and 5 were published!  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
    According to Wiki, Marzulli received an honorary doctorate from the Pacific International University for the book trilogy (classified by conventional libraries as “Christian Fiction”). The Pacific International University is an unaccredited, conservative, Christian university and seminary operating from Springfield, Missouri but has no campus and offers “correspondence education”. It has also been criticised for offering doctorates for lump sum payments. Their website makes no mention where the staff received their own doctorates or what subjects they specialize in. One of its presidents was Carl Baugh, who received a Ph.D. from the establishment in 1989 – he’s the “young Earth” creationist who claims to have found dinosaur footprints alongside human ones at the Paluxy River in Texas.  :whistle:
    PS: It has been suggested by Marzulli and others that “alien” abductions can be fended off by reciting the name of Jesus. 

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Reflector wrote:

Needless to say, that would be one odd dude walking around today.
    You think so? hmy: :dry: :S

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2014-02-08-2 [replaced].jpg
Views:	118
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	218297

Leave a comment:

• Reflector
    replied
    Needless to say, that would be one odd dude walking around today.

Leave a comment:

• Silent Rift
    replied
    I like Bill's comment.... I'm clueless

Leave a comment:

• Bill*
    replied
    Coneheads, Dan Aykroyd,, Saturday Night Live,, :rolf:

Leave a comment:

• Olden
    replied
    I think they simply practiced cranial deformation: emulating their sacred mountains.
    “It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
    (Sir Edmund Hillary)
    Mt. Huayna Picchu

or.. they may have come up with the head design after an all-nighter
    chicha binge and listening to the Jefferson Airplane..
    Rock me babyRock me all night longI said rock me babyRock me all night longI said rock me babyRock me all night longI said roll me babyLike a wagon wheelOh, ...

Leave a comment:

• SDhunter
    replied
    Now don't get me wrong,  because I have no idea,  but there are some saying that these are the Nephilim, which are the giants that are spoken of in the Bible.  Genesis 6.  Here's a link
      It's at least interesting.   

ps.  should stimulate some good conversation

Leave a comment:

• painshill
    replied
    OK. What I know is this. Cranial elongation (dolichocephaly) is a well-known practice in many ancient cultures – generally achieved by binding the head with bandages or cords (sometimes in conjunction with wooden boards) in infancy (up to about 6 months, but in some cases up to 2 years). Beyond that the skull is no longer pliant enough for binding to have any real effect and children resist the apparatus required to achieve it. The Maya and the Inca practised it, as did the people living on the Paracas Peninsula in Peru. Nothing mysterious about it. Generally, it was a means of making a distinction of social classes, or of aspiring to it by imitation (where elongated was perceived as superior).
    But dolichocephaly has two other explanations, both of which are natural – inherited genetic character/preponderance; and sporadic deformity, arising from genetic mutation. In the case of the Paracas culture, there is evidence for both artificial and natural elongation with the majority of it being artificial. We have to rule out the sporadic mutation option because of the sheer number of skulls involved. This dual-explanation (artificial plus natural genetic inheritance) is also believed to be the case in some other cultures where it appears that a lineage (perhaps exhibiting a genetically inherited skull shape or perceived skull size) has established itself as “superior” based on skull morphology and the shape has subsequently been imitated by artificial binding.
    It’s therefore important to be very discriminating about what the evidence actually shows, rather than just talk about “cone-head” skulls in general. Artificial skull binding changes the shape of a skull, but does not generally alter the volume (Friess -and- Baylac 2003). By contrast, genetic factors most certainly do generally dictate that elongated skulls (in hominins) have larger cranial capacities. At least 90 skulls from the Paracas peninsula have cranial capacities that are larger than modern humans. Although there are extreme claims for “more than twice as big” that’s not the general picture. The average size is around 25% bigger.
    The large tomb/cemetery complex on the north side of the Paracas peninsula contains mummies and skeletons, many of which have remarkably elongated skulls. It’s not exactly a new discovery. It was reported in the late 1800’s and extensively excavated by Tello in 1928. There appear to be at least 5 distinct shapes of elongated skull within the Paracas culture burials, with particular shapes predominating in specific parts of the cemetery complex. The larger skulls are found at the Chongos site, north of Paracas. As well as being physically larger, they are also significantly heavier, with larger orbital sockets and larger, thicker jaws – as well as having a number of other specific anatomical features. But they are nevertheless human.
    Work by Tschudi in the 1800’s on the history, archaeology and skull morphology of pre-Incan “races” suggested that there were three - the Chinchas, the Aymaraes, and the Huancas. He distinguished them particularly because Chincha skulls were what we would recognise as similar to modern humans, whereas the other two had “dolichocephalic traits” (ie genetically elongated crania), quite unlike the Chinchas. Of the three groups, the Huancas had the most pronounced elongation (and enlargement). It has been long known that what we call the Inca civilisation was not a single ethnic group and Tschudi’s conclusion was that the dynasty of the Incas commenced with the Aymaraes and that they unified the civilisation by conquest of the other two peoples. He also pointed out that “Inca” is in fact a term that venerates the emperors of Peru (not an ethnic group) and that the Chinchas (those with normal-shaped skulls) had a habit of mimicking the “cone-heads” by using artificial binding to “improve” their skull shapes.
    Tschudi was quite clear that cranial elongation in Peruvian ethnic groups was not solely the result of artificial binding since his study was not confined to adults. For Aymaraes burials, he reported many mummies of young children which exhibited the same skull elongation seen in adults, two cases in children not more than a year old (analysed in England) and also an example in an unborn child in the womb of a mummified pregnant woman (Rivero -and- Tschudi 1851).
    As far as I know, there has been no carbon-dating for the large Paracas skulls but I have seen unsupported anecdotal claims for them being two or three thousand years old. That’s pretty consistent with the known dates for the Paracas culture (around 700 BC - 100 AD) from other archaeological evidence.
    DNA tests are being conducted or have been commissioned by at least two groups that I am aware of. Neither group has come to a firm conclusion since the work is incomplete, but both groups have released preliminary results.
    Marzulli (in October last year) reported: “Sample 2A from the skull bone is very special. I recovered an almost complete sequence of mtDNA from it and presumably a lot of nuclear sequences as well, but I did not analyze this aspect yet. The mtDNA sequence is very interesting. It does match human mtDNA, but has a LOT of unique mutations that are not present in most known haplotypes from A to Y, nor in Denisova or Neanderthal. Many of them are completely unique and not what is normally found in South America.”
    Foerster (today) reported: “It had mtDNA with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far. But a few fragments I was able to sequence from this sample indicate that if these mutations will hold we are dealing with a new human-like creature, very distant from Homo sapiens, Neanderthals and Denisovans…. I am not sure it will even fit into the known evolutionary tree… If the Paracas individuals were so biologically different, they would not have been able to interbreed with humans.” It's those provocative comments from Foerster that have caused it all to kick off again.
    Both of them have, to some extent, a vested interest in a radical conclusion. Marzulli’s quote is probably the most honest position for what we are able to say at the moment but he’s the one drawing the most radical (and unjustified) conclusions, spouting stuff about Nephilim angels. Well, I guess it’s good for book sales.
    But let’s be clear about the genetics. The mitochondrial DNA is human. Not alien. There are a number of mutations which distinguish it from other known lineages. It’s the mutations that are unrecognised, not the basic DNA itself. It wouldn’t be surprising if it’s those mutations which have determined the differences in skull morphology and perhaps other traits. The mutations do not in themselves point to a novel “human-like creature” as Foerster puts it. They could equally be explained by inheritance from the Aymaraes or the Huancas (or a small and previously unrecognised ethnic group.) The DNA work is incomplete, unreplicated, not peer-reviewed or independently verified and unpublished. Foerster has book sales to consider too. I understand that he intends to publish a new book straight after the genetic evidence is published (but I bet you the DNA analysis will not be published in any of the mainstream genetic journals and won't get adequate peer review).
    [Just to be clearer about my use of the word mutation in relation to the differences in the DNA. Any deviation from normal sequences is a mutation. I'm making a distinction between the kinds of mutations which evolve gradually such that skin colour gets lighter or people get less hairy or whatever and sporadic mutations that result in unexpected abnormalities like occasional incredibly tall people or albinos. The former generally relate to inherited characteristics... which is what we're talking about here. The latter are most usually one-offs which are not inherited.]

Leave a comment:

• gregszybala
    replied
    Agree with you there. There are times when I want to believe, but the facts rarely pan out. Just don't me get started on ghost, despite how bad those shows are, I'm a believer.

Leave a comment:

• CMD
    replied
    Thanks, Greg. Yes, I have an interest in anomalous phenomena anyway, so I come across a lot of things out of the ordinary. As far as the History Channel, basically guilty of accelerating the dumbing down of America. This is  one of those things where I figure there are a lot of holes in the thinking, but I don't know what those holes are myself.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X