A Sad Trend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Sad Trend

A sad development, this pop revisionist history.
    America Unearthed S02E11 “Swamp Mammoth” is the third episode in a row in which Scott Wolter searches for evidence that Caucasians reached the New World in the distant past. Two weeks ago he...

And of course institutions like the Smithsonian are to blame for hiding America's true history from public knowledge. Second story down here:
    And here I was ready to discuss Brien Foerster’s bizarre alien DNA study. Instead, I received dozens of emails this morning alerting me to an angry blog post Scott Wolter made calling for a...

Widely disseminated disinformation is a terrible thing
    Rhode Island

And history has always been full of disinformation.
    Rewritten history
    Biased accounts
    History that reflects the views, morals, and or perspective of current accepted thought
    "History is written by the victors" Not always the case, but if you study history you can well understand the comment.
    So...
    What is history?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Well, it shouldn't be outright fantasy, whatever else. If I want science fiction, I'll read science fiction.....
      And, in this day and age, it is far easier to spread BS widely. More then ever in our history, unless there were advanced civilizations in the past that I'm overlooking. It's a huge victory for the forces that enable the dumbing down of America. It exerts far more influence in shaping public belief then responsible and honest research does. At one time, one could google "America Unearrhed Taken to the Woodshed" and see a response to the Lost Colony(Ronoake) episode by the archaeological museum director who was featured on that episode. With the true history. And with his considered opinion on the behavior of the investigator. Now that episode can no longer be viewed in the United States, but you can still google it and find it widely available.
      We live in an Age of Conspiricy theories. Began with JFK, continues apace, accelerating actually. So no surprise if many are now being fed the line that historians and institutional authorities have been involved in a conspiricy to suppress the "true history of America", the one hidden by the Smithsonian and other nefarious forces. Did you know John Wesley Powell was part of an official effort to suppress evidence of Egyptian ruins, etc. on his western explorations? This is part of a new narrative of American history that rubs me wrong; I was an educator once and it bothers me that this fantasy has such a visible platform. And make no mistake, people believe every word.
      Rhode Island

Comment

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Couldn't agree with you more Charlie.
          I guess it's easier to believe what we are told than to actually spend the time and effort to learn. We have become a nation of sheep or cows if you like, "guess I'll just follow the animal in front of me"
          Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Working...
          X