Pre-Clovis South America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Clovis South America

Interesting New York Times article illustrating Pre-Clovis sites in SA. One focus is on the work of Dr. Guidon, whose theories are not generally accepted. Valid or of no substance, I highly recommend the video link in this article for a closer look at Dr. Guidon, and Pre-Clovis sites in SA.
    Archaeologists say humans reached what is now northeast Brazil as early as 22,000 years ago, upending a prevailing belief of 20th-century archaeology in the United States that people arrived in the Americas about 13,000 years ago.

Rhode Island

To say monkeys produced the tools is stupid!
    But 48,000 to 100,000 years ago? Dr. Guidon has got the burden of proof on her shoulders!
    Looks like it may still take a long while before we find out the true populating of the Americas.
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

It's interesting how little US Archaeologists have been involved in paleo archaeology in South America.  Some have certainly been involved, but even a couple of them have burned bridges for taking a lot of credit for other peoples work (or all credit for group work.) The Brazilians for example, just don't care to define their sites with regards to our paradigms nor do they feel the need to debate against an obviously biased group of office scholars.
      Unfortunately Venezuela has taken some dramatic turns for the worse; it has most of the candidates for early paleo (fluted, thick bodied, and Amazonian flake based European-looking traditions) all within a small area.  If it cleans up, I'd love to get some dates for my Clovis-like site.  It would be cool to know if it's older than Clovis or younger than.
      Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
      X