Vikings in the Great Lakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings in the Great Lakes

Ho boy. This is the only article I can find on this alleged discovery. If anyone finds out more, please post. Sounds quite dubious at the moment.....
    http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-...r-great-lakes/

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_2014-05-29 [replaced].jpg
Views:	54
Size:	49.3 KB
ID:	218298
    Rhode Island

Lol. Surprise, surprise, surprise! The story is a hoax. And here is the article and photo to prove it. So if you do see more about this in the news, now you know the truth!

Rhode Island

Comment

Explore ABC-CLIO DatabasesDiverse digital resources empowering teaching and learning in social studies Explore ABC-CLIO Databases Classroom Resources Telling Women’s Stories in U.S. History This collection of classroom activities and biographies highlights the pivotal roles women have played throughout American History, from early women’s suffrage to World War II, in fields ranging from literature to labor […]

This is one I was reading a while back. Curious, very curious.

Comment

I've got an uncle who's last name is Danielson?
        Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Charlie, “worldnewsdailyreport” is a spoof website, as indicated by its claim to be a Zionist newspaper staffed by former Mossad agents and Muslims working for New World Order Media. It mixes the spoof stuff in with "real" news. Other websites and news agencies are now feeding off the story as it circulates without the knowledge that it originated there as a complete fabrication. Among their previous “scoops” were the man that built himself a space shuttle using a 3D printer, the discovery of fire by chimpanzees and the dinosaur egg that hatched in a museum following a heater malfunction.
          The supposed items pictured and claimed from Michigan are indeed Viking, but they're from the Trondheim Museum in Norway (where they are still on display), near where they were originally recovered:

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Working...
          X