Mitochondrial DNA Variation in North Dakota Residents of European Ancestry
    See:
    [www.preclovis.blogspot.com]
    Charlie Hatchett
    [www.pre-clovis.com]
    [www.forum.pre-clovis.com]
    [www.blog.pre-clovis.com]
    \"For you were made from dust, and to dust you will return.\"

Looks like all those links go to the Charlie Hatchett show. :crazy:  :crazy:  Which seams like your just plugging your theories on AH.com. Looks like your forum has two members You and test., :dunno:  :dunno:  sounds like a one man side show trying to drum up support . :dunno:  :dunno:
    Too far a stretch for me on your theory. And I am sure its not  worthy of Archaeology News or Reports, you may have me on Discussion thou. but IMO looks like it would fit better in "Off The Wall Topic's" . Just saying....... but I will let others weigh in first before I move it.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Yeah, every now and then Mr. Hatchett adds to the archaeology news category. Charlie, stick around and talk to us now and then. Don't just post and run   you're an intelligent man, Charlie.
      Rhode Island

Comment

chase wrote:

Looks like all those links go to the Charlie Hatchett show. :crazy:  :crazy:  Which seams like your just plugging your theories on AH.com. Looks like your forum has two members You and test., :dunno:  :dunno:  sounds like a one man side show trying to drum up support . :dunno:  :dunno:
        Too far a stretch for me on your theory. And I am sure its not  worthy of Archaeology News or Reports, you may have me on Discussion thou. but IMO looks like it would fit better in "Off The Wall Topic's" . Just saying....... but I will let others weigh in first before I move it.
          Do what you gotta do, Chase. The "theories" I'm "plugging"  are newly released academic papers:
        Abstract
        This study aims to examine mtDNA variation in residents of European ancestry living in North Dakota. This state was settled by European migrants of distinct origins who originally formed isolated ethnic enclaves. MtDNA hypervariable segments HVS-I and HVS-II of 97 unrelated individuals revealed high diversity as well as admixture, inferring extensive postsettlement gene flow. A total of 106 polymorphisms in the data set defined 88 different haplotypes belonging to haplogroups of western Eurasian origin. Population statistics of North Dakota demonstrated no reduction in mtDNA diversity. Close genetic proximity was observed with Germans, Slavs, and Scandinavians. AMOVA tests provided no significant evidence of genetic structure within the population and suggested less stratification than is observed in European source populations. Comparison of genetic data with genealogical record indicated that emigration from Europe led to increased gene flow and, consequently, a more homogenous genetic structure due to maternal ancestry in North Dakota.
        Kjelland, K, Ovchinnikov, I (2014). Mitochondrial DNA Variation in North Dakota Residents of European Ancestry. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 4-5, 56-68.

EVIDENCE FOR OLDER-THAN-CLOVIS AT THE GAULT SITE, TEXAS By Mike Collins
        Defining Older-than-Clovis at the Gault Site through the Statistical Analysis of the Lithic Debitage Mean Averages of Flake Measurements by Jennifer Gandy
        Geologic Context of the Older-than-Clovis Archaeological Material in Area 15 at the Gault Site by Anastasia Gilmer and Charles Frederick
        Site Formation Processes at Gault by Bryan Heisinger -and- Anastasia Gilmer
        Microwear Analysis of Clovis and Older Than Clovis Artifacts from the Gault Site by Marilyn Shobergy
        Lithic Technological Trends of the Older-Than-Clovis Components at the Gault Site, Bell County, Texas (41BL323) by Nancy Velchoff, Tom Williams, Robert Lassen and Jennifer Gandy
          https://independent.academia.edu/Cha...ett/Papers#add
          Bluefish Caves and Old Crow Basin: A New Rapport
        Jacques Cinq-Mars and Richard E. Morlan
        Archaeological Survey of Canada
        Canadian Museum of Civilization
        Ice Age Peoples of North America.
        Environments, Origins, and Adaptations of the First Americans, edited by Robson Bonnichsen
        and Karen L. Turnmire, pp. 200-212. Corvallis: Oregon State University Press for the Center
        for the Study of the First Americans
        A shrub tundra refugium on the Bering land bridge may have played a pivotal role in the peopling of the Americas

M. Rasmussen et al. “The genome of a Late Pleistocene human from a Clovis burial site in western Montana,” Nature, doi:10.1038/nature13025, 2014.

Mike Nace
        Texas Biomedical Research Institute

Raghavan M. et al. Upper Palaeolithic Siberian genome reveals dual ancestry of Native Americans. Nature (2013)

By the way, my so called forum is just a posting board. People can't "join".
        Pre-Clovis artifacts, sites, origins and mtDNA research.

Comment

[QUOTE]Charlie Hatchett wrote:

Originally posted by chase post=127036
            Do what you gotta do, Chase. The "theories" I'm "plugging"  are newly released academic papers:
          Abstract
          This study aims to examine mtDNA variation in residents of European ancestry living in North Dakota. This state was settled by European migrants of distinct origins who originally formed isolated ethnic enclaves. MtDNA hypervariable segments HVS-I and HVS-II of 97 unrelated individuals revealed high diversity as well as admixture, inferring extensive postsettlement gene flow. A total of 106 polymorphisms in the data set defined 88 different haplotypes belonging to haplogroups of western Eurasian origin. Population statistics of North Dakota demonstrated no reduction in mtDNA diversity. Close genetic proximity was observed with Germans, Slavs, and Scandinavians. AMOVA tests provided no significant evidence of genetic structure within the population and suggested less stratification than is observed in European source populations. Comparison of genetic data with genealogical record indicated that emigration from Europe led to increased gene flow and, consequently, a more homogenous genetic structure due to maternal ancestry in North Dakota.
          Kjelland, K, Ovchinnikov, I (2014). Mitochondrial DNA Variation in North Dakota Residents of European Ancestry. American International Journal of Contemporary Research, 4-5, 56-68.

EVIDENCE FOR OLDER-THAN-CLOVIS AT THE GAULT SITE, TEXAS By Mike Collins
          Defining Older-than-Clovis at the Gault Site through the Statistical Analysis of the Lithic Debitage Mean Averages of Flake Measurements by Jennifer Gandy
          Geologic Context of the Older-than-Clovis Archaeological Material in Area 15 at the Gault Site by Anastasia Gilmer and Charles Frederick
          Site Formation Processes at Gault by Bryan Heisinger -and- Anastasia Gilmer
          Microwear Analysis of Clovis and Older Than Clovis Artifacts from the Gault Site by Marilyn Shobergy
          Lithic Technological Trends of the Older-Than-Clovis Components at the Gault Site, Bell County, Texas (41BL323) by Nancy Velchoff, Tom Williams, Robert Lassen and Jennifer Gandy
            https://independent.academia.edu/Cha...ett/Papers#add
            Bluefish Caves and Old Crow Basin: A New Rapport
          Jacques Cinq-Mars and Richard E. Morlan
          Archaeological Survey of Canada
          Canadian Museum of Civilization
          Ice Age Peoples of North America.
          Environments, Origins, and Adaptations of the First Americans, edited by Robson Bonnichsen
          and Karen L. Turnmire, pp. 200-212. Corvallis: Oregon State University Press for the Center
          for the Study of the First Americans
          A shrub tundra refugium on the Bering land bridge may have played a pivotal role in the peopling of the Americas

M. Rasmussen et al. “The genome of a Late Pleistocene human from a Clovis burial site in western Montana,” Nature, doi:10.1038/nature13025, 2014.

Mike Nace
          Texas Biomedical Research Institute

Raghavan M. et al. Upper Palaeolithic Siberian genome reveals dual ancestry of Native Americans. Nature (2013)

By the way, my so called forum is just a posting board. People can't "join".
          Pre-Clovis artifacts, sites, origins and mtDNA research.

Charlie, would you please!!! put into context that us ordinary people can understand what your saying. :crazy:  I am having a hard time maybe cause i cant read   :crazy: :crazy:  :crazy:  what is the association between the Gault site and North Dakota is.? This is what I was asking for!!  A link to your sites is okay but you posted here and now.... what is the significant.   :dunno:  :dunno:  Do tell, lamens terms please.  
          Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I have to agree with Chase. This is a complex area.

I follow the research rather closely, but just throwing a load of links to complex papers at us doesn't in any way add clarity to the picture in terms of what the evidence supports or doesn't support, how the pieces of the jigsaw fit together, what the counter-arguments and alternative theories are and so on.

If you seriously wish to have any of these ideas debated (let alone accepted), then creating a forum where the only permitted participant is yourself is not in any way conducive to such debate. Neither is posting a bunch of muddled and ambiguous assertions here (where such topics can be debated) unless there is total clarity... including whether those assertions are evidence-based conclusions with general acceptance, possible but unproven interpretations by the researchers involved, or speculation by yourself.

My guess is that most folks here won't trawl through all of that stuff... and who could blame them.
            I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Chase (and painshill), my response "...Do what you gotta do, Chase. The "theories" I'm "plugging" are newly released academic papers..." and associated links were in response to your insulting remarks: ":Looks like all those links go to the Charlie Hatchett show. :crazy: :crazy: Which seams like your just plugging your theories on AH.com..."
              Charlie

Comment

Working...
              X