Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going...Going...Gone

Rhode Island

65,000 years! Wonder if the professor studied and researched the language before Boa passed?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Not sure, Greg. I remember the photo of the islanders aiming arrows at helicopters. A riveting image of a much longer chapter in our existence, still flickering on those islands, then just the mere last several thousand representing civilization.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Oddly/sadly enough the digital age may be the savior of the remnants of the ancient BO language.

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Although that article is dated July 2013 and says "last week....", it must have been retrieved from an earlier source because Boa Senior sadly died in January 2010.
          The numbers of the Bo people actually grew from 3 to 15 in the late 1900’s and there are a handful of them still at the Strait Island reservation. None of them speak the original Bo language (Boa Senior was the last native speaker), and intermarriage with other tribes has almost – but not quite - wiped out their culture.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

www.tsdtg-jiu.ro ...Thanks to CNN ...You can read much more information at http://www.tsdtg-jiu.ro/category/stiai-caAlso, you can translate this page in your...

If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Working...
            X