Clovis People Hunted Gomphotheres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis People Hunted Gomphotheres

Clovis points and tools found in association with Gomphothere skeletons in Sonora, Mexico:

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

OMG :woohoo: Thanks!
    http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Thanks Roger, That's an interesting article. If anyone needs a multitude of good laughs just read the comments that have been left.
      Michigan Yooper
      If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

It would have been nice to have more than just the  crystal Gomp-Womper showboated.
        If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Thanks for the link.
          Some real mental midgets left those comments.
          Bruce
          In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Here's another article. Pretty important site!
            Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.

Here is the abstract:

Significance
            Archaeological evidence from Sonora, Mexico, indicates that the earliest widespread and recognizable group of hunter-gatherers (“Clovis”) were in place ∼13,390 y ago in southwestern North America. This is the earliest well-documented population on the continent and suggests that the unique Clovis artifact style originated in the southwest or south central part of the continent, well south of the Arctic gateways into the continent. These hunters targeted gomphotheres, an elephant common in south and central North America, but unknown in association with humans or at this late age in North America.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
            X