Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paul Revere/Sam Adams Time Capsule

Not your everyday find...
    A crew is at work in Boston unearthing a time capsule believed buried by Samuel Adams and Paul Revere.

Rhode Island

That's beyond cool! That's monumental!  I'm going to be watching for that! I think it would be funny if they left us a good joke! Some
    colonial humor... can't wait!
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Saw that on the national news. Hope there is more inside than noted and also hope they add to it and put it back in place.
      One thing struck me as strange though. All these construction workers standing around watching one guy on his back chip away at the cornerstone from below and the stone sitting on wood blocks. Why didn't they just flip the stone over?
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

I agree Greg, I hope they add to it and put it back as well. I didn't notice or see what your talking about with the worker on his back, but my guess would be they didn't want to disturb the possible  contents by flipping it. :dunno:  that or they were lacking common sense  :dunno:
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Guess state employees work the same way in Massachusetts as they do here in WV.  One guy working and the rest watching.   Cool story by the way
          Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

lukecreekwalker wrote:

Guess state employees work the same way in Massachusetts as they do here in WV.  One guy working and the rest watching.   Cool story by the way
              :laugh: here in R.I. too.
            call me Jay, i live in R.I.

Comment

lukecreekwalker wrote:

Funny but true throughout the US.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

It was opened this evening, 1/6/15. Not much detail as yet...
                Paul Revere and Samuel Adams buried a time capsule in Boston, Massachusetts more than 200 years ago. On Tuesday, museum experts opened it.

"Officials removed newspapers, a Massachusetts state seal and at least 24 coins from the time capsule, including half-cent, one-cent, half-dime, 10-cent and 25-cent coins, Hatchfield said. Another set of coins included a pine tree shilling from 1652."
                Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
                X