Digging It In FLA. - The Vero Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digging It In FLA. - The Vero Site

Looks like some Paleo folks knew where to live during the Ice Age. B)
    http://www.npr.org/2015/02/21/387313...om-the-ice-age
    If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Very interesting site! Some very old findings,  I could completely understand why the ice age peoples would have enjoyed the warmer locale. These extremely old dates at such southern locations are really intriguing imo. Especially the South American paleo evidence.  Whomever  those ice age peoples where, one thing seems certain, they made bee lines to the south. Can't say I blame them.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I think early man could usually adapt to the cold, but lack of food: not so much.. looking on the bright side: they could outrun a glacier.

"The Clovis culture saw its decline in the wake of the Younger Dryas cold phase. This 'cold shock', lasting roughly 1500 years, affected many parts of the world, including North America. This appears to have been triggered by a vast amount of meltwater – possibly from Lake Agassiz – emptying into the North Atlantic, disrupting the Clovismohaline circulation."
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Also makes me wonder if the paleo hunters weren't following annual migration routes of the Mammoth and Buffalo perhaps to warmer locations , Wich would have been more suitable to have there offspring.... But if that were the case I would expect to see evidence in lithic assemblages,  for example Florida lithics materials being found up north and vice versa. This is the type of information I believe can be important, by looking closely at lithic distributions and trying to understand if there is evidence of migratlon routes.... just one of my" big questions" when I start thinking about paleo-indian habitation and what we can learn from looking at the clues they left.  :dunno:
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Working...
        X