Santa Susana Field Lab National Monument Petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Susana Field Lab National Monument Petition

the site of the Santa Susana Field Laboratory is in need of Your Help. This location was very Important for Our Space Program. in fact if it was not for the important work done at this Laboratory, I doubt we would have landed men on the Moon in the 1960's.
    The Location, up in the Santa Susana Mtns. between the San Fernando -and- Simi Valleys Northwest of Los Angeles is under threat of being sold off to the highest bidder - who will then, no doubt, move to build hundreds of Mcmansions , destroying beautiful Oak covered hills, displacing wildlife and threatening a very significant Native American Ceremonial location. the Tongva and Chumash Indians performed Winter Solstice rituals in the area of Burro Flats, there are altered rocks that catch the Suns rays at set times around the Solstice and there are a number of pristine Pictographs in caves and in Rock Shelters in the Area.
    Please click on this link and sign the Petition to push the Government to designate the entire area a National Historical Monument. This will save the structures that played such an Important role in America's Space Program and it will most assuredly protect the significant Native American sites as well, not to mention save more local Wilderness from Developers..
    Here's the Link: https://www.change.org/p/president-o...m_medium=email
    Here's a picture on one of the Rock Art Panels in the area

I figure plenty of Good Folks on this site would like to help out this important local cause....Thank You !!
    \"..Buy the Ticket, Take the Ride..\" ~~ Hunter S. Thompson

I made it 750 signed up we need more, lets not just not sign it. it takes no time. come on and make the difference.
    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Thanks for the Support Chase. It really takes no time to sign the Petition...
      Here's another Rock Art Panel from the site.....

Comment

Fly, I will work with you to keep it on Top of Recent Topic's
        Lets keep our treasures safe Members.

Comment

I know that I get upset when I see a site taken out for a mall or a shopping center. We can make a difference. Just sign the petition. lets make that a goal on our end..

Comment

Done,
            Who's Next?
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Thanks Greg!

Comment

gregszybala wrote:

Done,
                Who's Next?
                   Thanks Greg .
                There's actually a Public Meeting on the 26th. regarding get the Labs and general area National Monument status. I shall attend it along with my Friend Christina, who set up the Petition... I will report back the next day on the night's events... Hopefully we'll get things moving faster our direction....  :cheer:

Comment

Quick and easy.......come on guys and gals....sign away! Those rock art panels are awesome!
                  Southern Connecticut

Comment

Chase mentioned making it 750 signatures, this Morning it 785 signatures, so folks here and on 'Ology are helping out greatly... I am grateful to one and all.  :cheer:
                    Hopefully more will see this and sign the Petition as well, hopefully we'll get it to the desired 1000 by the Meeting on the 26th.
                    Thanks Everyone who has already signed... You are helping us Greatly... (Y)

Comment

Flyjunkie wrote:

Chase mentioned making it 750 signatures, this Morning it 785 signatures, so folks here and on 'Ology are helping out greatly... I am grateful to one and all.  :cheer:
                      Hopefully more will see this and sign the Petition as well, hopefully we'll get it to the desired 1000 by the Meeting on the 26th.
                      Thanks Everyone who has already signed... You are helping us Greatly... (Y)
                      The 26th is my Birthday and I want us to make this my present. come on takes less than a minute to sign the petition.

Comment

WE WORK ON PRESERVING THE PAST. And now you can make the difference Lets sign up for the petition. It takes less than a minute. We as a community will make  a difference. I change you all.

Comment

Here's a very good article by my Friend, Christina Walsh,. She is the driving force behind this focus on granting the area National Monument Status.. She explains perfectly why the Status matters...
                          Here's why it matters

Comment

signed and shared on my facebook page too.
                            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

wont let this drop. Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X