X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yellowstone: The Artifact Gold Rush

http://www.weather.com/news/news/yel...park-artifacts

Rhode Island

Thanks for the links Charlie. But it is rather disappointing that there is only one picture of the items that they are finding.
    Bruce
    In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndoldman View Post
      Thanks for the links Charlie. But it is rather disappointing that there is only one picture of the items that they are finding.
      I guess. Maybe to appear in peer reviewed papers in their own good time. Dunno.....
      Rhode Island

Comment

Neat discoveries, Thanks for the link.
        Would be nice to see these, even clicked on the highlighted blue (bones and artifacts ETC.) link at beginning of paragraph hoping to see these. Do see what looks like a broken arrow shaft toward the beginning though.
        http://joshinmo.weebly.com

Comment

Fascinating articles Charlie. Thanks
          Like a drifter I was born to walk alone

Comment

Kind of a double edged sword isn't it? We get to find new artifacts but at what cost to the planet?
            Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Very interesting indeed!

This kind of thawing could uncover mysteries as far as tool useage , hafting techniques, furs and other perishable unknowns etc...
              I hope they stay on top of this rare oppurtunity to learn about the past...
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Interesting for sure, but also disappointed with the lack of pictures. Seems like they could have shown us something other than a stick. Probably never see the paper they write.
                South Dakota

Comment

I haven't seen the items from Yellowstone, but I've seen plenty from the northern Rockies. A lot of the items are just sharpened sticks, clumps of matted fibers, and the occasional piece of something that looks like road kill from December found in April. So far nothing like Ootzi the Italian Ice guy found with clothing and an axe. They aren't visually very spectacular relics, or even things most of us collectors would actively collect (which is good.) They are great for carbon dating, studying pollens, etc.

You can google pictures from the Yukon and British Columbia.
                  Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Working...
                  X