X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vikings in America. New archaeological site

I KNEW IT!! http://worldnewsdailyreport.com/usa-...-hudson-river/
    South Dakota

World News Daily. Lol. Last time it was Michigan. Lol. Bogus! It's a fake report, Gary.
    Rhode Island

Comment

Interesting. Would like to read the actual archaeological papers on this. I don't doubt the possibility at all, we know the Vikings were in N. America. I do question whether the pics in the article are the articles actually found.
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Here is the disclaimer. Anytime you see World News Daily, it's a spoof....

"WNDR assumes however all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any persons, living, dead, or undead is purely a miracle."
        Rhode Island

Comment

ive always been a beilever of the vikings being here long before columbus

after all a norse ruin stone was found here in minnesota
          some claim it is fake,but i believe it is real

wife and i actually went to a museum in Alexandria Mn a couple years back just to look at the ruin stone

Comment

Yeah, here in RI, we have the Narragansett Stone, also alleged Norse. I happen to have taken the first published photos of this rock. It was stolen in 2012. All several tons. It was returned and will be installed in a public park in Wickford, RI very soon. Probably in October. It has the infamous hooked X, also featured on the Kensington Stone. Who knows, it eroded onto the shoreline after 1939. These are the first photos taken of the rock. As far as we know. Spring, 1985. My team, that's me in the last photo. Barnacles filled the characters the day we located it. I make no claims for it or the other NA runestones.
            Last edited by CMD; 09-13-2015, 08:17 PM.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Way cool discovery SD - looks like a major find. Apparently the site was untouched until ground was broken by the landscapers, so lots of good tools and weapons quickly left to tell the story. Seems as though the vikings always got the natives bristles (a.k.a. arrows) up wherever they traveled - boat envy perhaps?

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
              If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Guys, the report is a joke! Please read the disclaimer from the website itself. I posted it. One of the headlines scrolling above the Viking story reads:

"Paleontologists discover human remains in dinosaur feces".

World News Daily is a satirical news site. There is no such site in the Hudson Valley.....

""WNDR assumes however all responsibility for the satirical nature of its articles and for the fictional nature of their content. All characters appearing in the articles in this website – even those based on real people – are entirely fictional and any resemblance between them and any persons, living, dead, or undead is purely a miracle."
                Last edited by CMD; 09-13-2015, 08:29 PM.
                Rhode Island

Comment

Crap, Don't tell Roger. Thanks for cluing me in. Thanks for sharing those photos Charlie. I should have looked closer at the other articles they had on that site. Would have figured it out.

That's it, I'm not posting anymore Viking stuff.
                  South Dakota

Comment

Well, here's the earlier one. In this instance, the photos were taken from a discovery somewhere in Scandinavia. The photos on the NY article are probably legit as well, and lifted from somewhere. I knew a guy from Iceland who flipped out over this one from the Great Lakes. I had to find the disclaimer before he believed me.
                    But they're written to fool. Another involved finding a Norse ship in the Mississippi River.

At least they are more believable then some of the stuff on the History Channel these days!
                    Rhode Island

Comment

Yes, that website is a real pain because it has a habit of scattering some factual news in with the crap that it invents. Other news agencies also pick up on the stories without checking the source. As Charlie says, the last "Vikings in America" story they ran used pictures of genuine Viking artefacts from the Trondhein museum in Norway:

Ho boy. This is the only article I can find on this alleged discovery. If anyone finds out more, please post. Sounds quite dubious at the moment.....

Whenever you see these kinds of stories (Vikings, giants, aliens etc), it always pays to run a Google search with the word "hoax", "spoof" or "fake" in the search parameters.
                      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Gotta say Charlie.. I'm disappointed . I wanted to see that Fox/National Geo. documentary that would have came from this

Click image for larger version

Name:	DisappointedViking9.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	173566

Comment

I don’t know where the “Lenape arrowheads” came from, but the first picture is an authentic Viking burial excavated at Islandbridge near Dublin in Ireland… one of about 60 in the general region.

The second picture of the “Norse Smithy” is in fact another authentic Viking grave which is believed to be the cremation burial of a blacksmith together with the tools of his trade. A guy called Leif Arne Nordheim uncovered it beneath some flagstones in the back yard of his home in Sogndalsdalen, Norway last year.

I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

A viking blacksmith buried with his tools

Comment

Working...
                            X