CSAJ has my story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSAJ has my story.

Scroll down and you will see "Laswell Great Effigy Pipe. Page 230 of the October issue. I wanted to do this when I had it. But never got around to it. I am glad the 6th owner of it did this.

Originally posted by laswell67 View Post
    Scroll down and you will see "Laswell Great Effigy Pipe. Page 230 of the October issue. I wanted to do this when I had it. But never got around to it. I am glad the 6th owner of it did this.
    http://www.csasi.org/2015_october_jo...ournal_toc.htm http://www.csasi.org/2015_october_jo...ffigy_pipe.htm
    Last edited by laswell67; 09-24-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Congratulation James! A lifetime find and all that has gone along with it and now published. Way cool!
      Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Hey James, Thanks for the link. That sure is a great pipe in more ways than one. The article shows it off nicely.
        Michigan Yooper
        If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Congrats!
          Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Congratulations.

Comment

Thanks for sharing!! Awesome

Comment

Congrats, James. The find of a lifetime!
                Rhode Island

Comment

Laswell:I just, somewhat belatedly, read your post and the article you cited. Thanks for providing the link. Very interesting story about the discovery. And its a good thing that you and your wife enjoy getting out together on your hunting trips. Perhaps you posted pics to the forum when you found it but that was before my time on this forum and if you did then I missed it. Yes, for most of us, that pipe would be the find of a lifetime. It is interesting that in the only 3 years or so that you found it that this pipe has had 6 different owners. I am sure the price paid for the pipe has never diminished with each sale. If it were me, I'd probably be scratching my head wondering, "what are pipes bringing these days?" I wonder this because I sold the bulk of my artifact collection many years ago for what I thought was a fair price then. But sometimes I wonder what they would bring now. I never bought artifacts and only made a sale that one time when I let most of them all go. BTW I didn't know that you were an avid bottle collector.

Comment

SEARCH MY PREVIOUS POST, Start back in july 2012. acending post not decending. Click image for larger version

Name:	100_1298 Collage.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	176294

Comment

great story James and great pipe too! pun intended.
                      TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Pretty neat piece of history Laswell. Congrats to you on the publication. Must be neat seeing something that will forever have your name beside it again
                        Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
                        X