New Jersey Shore Fluted Point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Jersey Shore Fluted Point

Another fluted point has been found strolling the Jersey shore.

While walking on a beach in Seaside Heights, New Jersey, a woman discovered a prehistoric spearhead estimated to be between 10,000 and 11,000 years old.

You may recall the ocean stained yellow jasper fluted point a young boy found a couple years ago, also on the Jersey shore. The photos attached are the boy and his point, which are mentioned in this article.
    Rhode Island

Sure wish I could find one of those 🍼😒
    As for me and my house , we will serve the lord

Everett Williams ,
    NW Arkansas

Comment

Could you clarify what it actually is?
      The article at first claims it to be a spear head point and later on in the article they call it a projectile point?
      Bruce
      In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

Cool article! Lucky people! I guess its just about being in the right place at the right time....
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Dang beginners: she couldn't just find a beat up Vernon point or something for her first - had to go straight to the Clovis stuff!

Yo Bruce, Spearpoints & arrowheads = projectile points. Hope that back's feeling better - I know what a pain that can be.
          If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

What a lucky kid.

Comment

Yeah, it's a fluted point, Bruce. What I can relate to is she chose to keep it. The kid gave his away, and it was a nicer example. Sounds like she's bound to drop it sooner or later, though, taking it out of her purse for show and tell on whims. Anyway, wish my beaches were giving up fluted points.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
              X