Still Living in the Stone Age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still Living in the Stone Age

If civilization ever collapses, it might be small groups like this left to carry on the species.

Rhode Island

Nice.  I could live like that.  Seriously

Comment

Charlie - Interesting post.  I've seen a number of these findings in my lifetime.  Seems someone always wants to give them "a choice" about continuing to live as they do or shift to modernization or Christianity.  I just don't understand why we always assume that what we have is so much better.  Everytime mankind has tried to make "it" better - they have substantially annhilated "it."  We need to just leave them alone and maybe not too far down the road we will turn to them to find out how to do "it" right.  ---Chuck
      Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

I agree completely, Chuck. Too few such isolated clusters of stone age people left.
        Groups like this know their enviornment so well; countless medicinal plants learned over generations of time and our "civilization" slashes and burns the jungle away like it was worthless.  I for one don't believe our way is better simply because we have advanced technologies or a "true" religion.  If the electricity went off everywhere on the globe tomorrow, whose got a better chance of survival?  Groups like this do.
        Andy, I'd like to try living that way for awhile.  I think city life is pretty toxic to one's psychic well being.  Maybe I'm just romantisizing but seems to me living in small groups like this would be far less stressful.
        Charlie
        Rhode Island

Comment

I had nary a clue.  Absolutely Amazing!  Opinion only:  "They don't need to know what we know...we need to know what they know!"  Problem is, too many of us and so little of them.  Any contact would jack it all up.  Anyway, I would leave them be.  They have a way of life and existence that I can only imagine.  I'd rather imagine, than to give them so many alternatives that their minds would be twisted as many of ours our today.  One nation, one belief, one way of life. 
          Pam

Comment

roustabout149 wrote:

I had nary a clue.  Absolutely Amazing!  Opinion only:  "They don't need to know what we know...we need to know what they know!"  Problem is, too many of us and so little of them.  Any contact would jack it all up.  Anyway, I would leave them be.  They have a way of life and existence that I can only imagine.  I'd rather imagine, than to give them so many alternatives that their minds would be twisted as many of ours our today.  One nation, one belief, one way of life. 
            Pam
              Well spoken, Pam.  And in a very real sense, the "Indian wars" are still ongoing. The clash of cultures that began in the age of exploration and European colonization is still having an impact on uncontacted people in the Americas. In our lifetime, so far removed from the voyage of Columbus! And that seems amazing to me. Just found this great National Geographic article that discusses the issue in some depth: "Uncontacted Tribes. The Last Free People on Earth". Here's the link:

Charlie
            Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
            X