Gobekli Tepe to be Restored

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gobekli Tepe to be Restored

What a wonderful discovery this was, a special place.

Explore National Geographic. A world leader in geography, cartography and exploration.
    Rhode Island

Now that will be cool to see, would it not be quite the adventure to go there?
    Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by gregszybala View Post
      Now that will be cool to see, would it not be quite the adventure to go there?
      It sure would, but not the kind of adventure I would want at the moment. It's 60 miles down the road to the IS stronghold at Raqqa! They could probably put on hold any plans to enlarge the gift shop and the cafeteria for the time being.
      I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

Very interesting. Thanks much for bringing that to our attention. That discovery has certainly turned topsy-turvy the thesis of the order of human societal development commonly advanced by anthropologists. Whatever must they have been thinking? Next thing you know somewhat will propose that there were people in the Americas before Clovis man. Heresy, I say.

Comment

Thanks Charlie great link.
          TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Originally posted by painshill View Post

It sure would, but not the kind of adventure I would want at the moment. It's 60 miles down the road to the IS stronghold at Raqqa! They could probably put on hold any plans to enlarge the gift shop and the cafeteria for the time being.
            Yes, this is something I did not realize before reading this article. And my first thought being I hope this incredible site remains safe. These clowns even want to destroy the Great Pyramids if given the chance. Of course I would be concerned going there as a tourist, but it's the very site itself that I hope remains safe.
            Rhode Island

Comment

Yep, too close for comfort.

Latest FCDO travel advice for Turkey including on entry requirements, safety and security and local laws and customs.
              Rhode Island

Comment

Working...
              X