• Say "Hello" to Ava... from the Bronze Age

Pretty, isn't she?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hello Ava.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	219991

I love this kind of reconstruction work:

Experts used a skull found in Caithness in 1987 to piece together the facial features and skin of the female aged between 18-22, who was part of a community that reared animals and grew crops.
    I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Roger - she's absolutely beautiful. I saw some of this reconstruction work in progress on the internet sometime back and it was fascinating how they rebuilt the face based on the skull and known dimensions of the human anatomy. Astounding really that we can see what she looked like almost 4,000 years ago. ...Chuck
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

Very cool.
      Judith Basin, Montana

Comment

Facial reconstruction and the aging techniques are very helpful when used for identification purposes today but seeing this used on ancient bones is very cool.
        Bruce
        In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

This is my favourite:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Phillip II of Macedon.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	220068

It’s Phillip II of Macedon (Alexander the Great’s father).

It’s by Britain’s leading expert in facial reconstructions… a guy called Richard Neave. He has helped the police on a number of occasions but also does archaeological work. In this case he was provided with a skull and told the region it had come from… but not that it had been recovered from a high-status grave that was suspected to be the final resting place of Phillip II.

The eye damage on his reconstruction is consistent with an arrow wound known to have been inflicted during the siege of Methone in 354 BC.

A collection of pictures representing Neaves’s remarkable work has been published in book form under the title “Making Faces”.
          I keep six honest serving-men (they taught me all I knew); Their names are What and Why and When and How and Where and Who.

Comment

The amazing workmanship that went into making this is very evident.
            It look like a 3D photograph of a living person.
            Especially when you enhance it. Click image for larger version

Name:	image_17839.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	220107
            Bruce
            In life there are losers and finders. Which one are you?

Comment

She is lovely. Reminds me of a polish gal I had a thing for way back when. Sorry!, she was a Naturalized American citizen born in Poland raised here in the states. Same hair, wide set jaw and eye color. She could easily pass for the girls sister.
              TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

She looks tough, reminds me of the girl that use to beat me up on the playground!
                I guess being King had its drawbacks, like arrows to the face... Ouch!
                Interesting work!
                Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Now if we could only spend a day with them.... Thanks for sharing

Comment

Working...
                  X