"Interesting" Magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Interesting" Magazine

Down at the beach cottage & forgot to bring something to read, so dropped by the local book store's magazine section. I spotted one I hadn't seen before called "Ancient American: Archaeology of the Americas Before Columbus". Hmm, looked interesting so I bought it.
    It wasn't until page 5 when I spotted the words "Ancient American: the voice of alternative viewpoints." Oh oh-- Had I found the National Inquirer of the archaeology world???
    Well, so far I've learned that the Smithsonian is hiding the existence of 7 foot skeletons of a former race of NA giants; that DNA proves Cherokees came from the Middle East; & that Maya stone carvings have been unearthed in some Texan's backyard! This is some good stuff. Obion & Charlie, have you been holding out on us?
    Child of the tides

Lol ive got one too Deb. Looked interesting at first. Then you read and realize its a racially motivated publication that's almost purely BS. We've had discussions about it on here before. Someone else could give you the scoop better than me but its has an alterior motive that's based in alot of pseudo science.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Geez, I didn't realize I had such a hole in my various subscriptions until I found this magazine.
      Child of the tides

Comment

That stuff is out there on the web and is interesting to read! Have you got to the part where the Cherokee claim to have killed off the white canibalistic tribe that only came out at night? The Irish tribe in SC is also pretty interesting. The Spanish kidnapped some of them and took them back to Spain. This seems to have really happened but I'm betting against most all of the rest but it's fun to read.

Von

Comment

Von, I had no idea. My web surfing is generally confined to my legit writing assignments from mainstream publications. Who knew? To think I wasted good money on this bloody mag.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Kind of makes you wonder were it all originates from? SOme of the giant skeleton pictures look old. Perhaps it was trick photography to dupe people into believing they would be funding something great. It is known that Moorehead, Moore and others did travel to Newport RI and other places where the rich would entertain them in order for those early American Archaeologists to acquire funds for their digs. Clarence Moore had a steam boat and traveled far and wide digging mounds. One story I read was some of the early Archaeologist had fakes made so they could sell them to gather funds for the next dig. Over time these pictures and stories get re told over and over. The number of believers grows each time too.
            TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

• Havenhunter
              Havenhunter commented
              Editing a comment
              Fake news & yellow journalism aren't something new that's for sure. When one of their "news" clips said a 7' giant may be going on display at Jamestown but the photo they used was of an actual find I had just seen myself, I knew this mag was best served as lining for a bird cage. 💩

I was getting to that Haven. The ancient race of giants. I grabbed a copy once also. I worked with a guy from Ohio that swore up and down that the giants existed and built the mounds. Yeah it is interesting in a magic show sort of way.
            The chase is better than the catch...
            I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Heres one of those past threads...

Picked up a copy the other day. What are your thoughts on this publication? Just kind of skimmed through it. It looks like some good reading. Big article
              Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

Originally posted by Havenhunter View Post
                Von, I had no idea. My web surfing is generally confined to my legit writing assignments from mainstream publications. Who knew? To think I wasted good money on this bloody mag.
                Maybe it was waste of money but it's fun to read or watch weird stuff. I watched Ancient Aliens the other day not because I believe but because the topic links into historical sites and events. I think the guy with the weird hair has found the best gig he's ever going to have and is riding that horse until it's dead. LOL Coast to Coast AM with George Noory is another good example. The folks he has on that show are just plain nuts but it's fun to listen.

Von

Comment

• Havenhunter
                  Havenhunter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I watch those shows too & get a chuckle.

Originally posted by Kyflintguy View Post
                I was just going to chime in with some of the same links I posted in that older thread. But that thread serves as a good summary of the situation with Ancient American magazine in general.....

Rhode Island

Comment

BabaORiley... I just spit my coffee out on "Yeah it is interesting in a magic show sort of way." Thanks for that.

Comment

Working...
                  X