Ultra Old Rocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Old Rocks

This came across on Google yesterday and caught my eye.Thought you all would think it interesting.aerchaelogists digging in shangchen China like a day ago discovered these artifacts.. saying 2.1 million yrs old.....mind boggling to me...and cool no?
    SW Connecticut

When you get to the million year mark it's hard to imagine something being that old. Sometime (Feb 2018) ago I posted a Lycopsid root that was dated 300,000,000 years. My neighbor plowed it up when he was breaking ground for planting. He always brings me anything he finds that is a rock or rock-like. I sent pics away to the Florida University and a professor had done a thesis on this species of tree and provided me with the information. It's posted under the Fossils, Old Bones & Teeth forum titled 300,000,000 year old root if you're interested. Thanks for sharing the rocks.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

• Tam
      Tam commented
      Editing a comment
      I am

Yes I will check that post chuck ..Thanx man ....its interesting stuff
    SW Connecticut

Comment

Here's some more info about it on wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shangchen
      And yes if its true its definitely mind boggling.
      Last edited by rock ON.; 07-13-2018, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Nice I'll check out out ..Thanx for the input
        SW Connecticut

Comment

Very interesting .

Comment

Working...
          X