14,400 year old bread !?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14,400 year old bread !?!

4,000 years before the advent of agriculture. Amazing what we keep finding out about ourselves.

Archaeologists have discovered the charred remains of bread baked 14,400 years ago in Jordan’s Black Desert, more than 4,000 years before the advent of agriculture.

Searching the fields of NW Indiana and SW Michigan

Yup Greg. I remember reading this article on Yahoo news and had the same thoughts. Making bread 4,000 years earlier than thought. And we just keep on learning.
    Pickett/Fentress County, Tn - Any day on this side of the grass is a good day. -Chuck-

Comment

That's a nice little kitchen area they had: they were laying the ground work for the 1st pizza I think
      If the women don\'t find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Comment

Great article to post Greg thank you . I had never heard of this. Very interesting . I agree with Olden nice area there .

Comment

I saw this on the news as they demonstrated how the ingredients were prepared and the loaf formed and baked. No yeast and just a little natural sugar created more of a flat bread. Good source of carb and protein energy for long hunts.
          Child of the tides

Comment

Thanks Greg for sharing this. Very cool
            South Dakota

Comment

Thanks for sharing nice read
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
              X