Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More evidence for "Older than Clovis" in Texas...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More evidence for "Older than Clovis" in Texas...

Looks like the Gault site just keeps on giving. Interesting tools here, the fishtail reminds me of those from old sites in South America... Gives more credence to the old "Sloth Slayer" points some may remember that a Texas member use to find deeper than Paleo... One of the broken points also reminds me of a Wilson thinking back to earlier discussion...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	image_6208e-Gault-Tools.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	77.0 KB
ID:	310183
    https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart...ght-180969743/
    Last edited by Kyflintguy; 07-25-2018, 11:29 PM.
    Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Thanks Josh
    TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Here's another older but related article that gives some info on the Gault site other older than Clovis sites in North America...Shows a better photo of that stemmed point half as well.

https://www.archaeology.org/issues/1...ures/americans
      Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

For those of you who don't know what I'm referring to with the "Sloth Slayer", this is that older thread. Garscale found these on very deep levels below Clovis if Im recalling correctly. These new findings suggest the idea of older than Clovis types like suggested by Garscale may have some real validity...

Posted by [GarScale]: By popular demand Im posting these points for you enjoyment, critique, or ridicule. Here is an unnamed point type I have dug in context from
        Josh (Ky/Tn collector)

Comment

I'm very curious about this "sloth slarer" site. If someone really believed they have found a new pre clovis type...shouldn't a credible group be notified. A university at least? If it is real, why is no one concerned with offical documentation of the site? Or is it being professionally documented?
          Central Ohio

Comment

• Kyflintguy
            Kyflintguy commented
            Editing a comment
            I can't speak for Garscale or his site, I probably should have just left that out of this thread but couldn't help but recall these points... Some collectors like to keep there sites confidential, proffesionals included for fear of losing a site or the ability to collect there. Not saying that's the case in this instance but "different strokes for different folks".

Great read Josh , good question FG
          I wonder to .

Comment

Ok saw that link very interesting .

Comment

I figured some people would be protective of their land, but it would be a shame if some real solid evidence could be varified on that site, if it was indeed real. I have to say, I'll be wondering about those points for a while.
              Central Ohio

Comment

The gault site is certainly an awesome and interesting find. I'm sure alot of us think this but, the stuff they're finding there is quite similar to some things I find on one of the sites I hunt.
                Last edited by Broken Arrow; 07-26-2018, 11:32 PM.
                Stagger Lee/ SE Missouri

Comment

The gualt site is clovis but the site south is is on a flood plain no way to date so garscale and his dig on his land sloth slayer is speculation
                  Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

I don't denied that as fact but I put in fact of what I know and see. Garscale is a great! And we have exchange words in text
                    Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

Working...
                    X