Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arrowheadology.com Ex-Member Shout Out??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrowheadology.com Ex-Member Shout Out??

With all the different usernames on forums I do not know who on here also visits the arrowheadology site. It's been down for a week or so. Anyone know anything at all about it??
    Last edited by tomclark; 10-03-2019, 02:01 PM.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

I haven't joined them.. But there is some info on it that I need and can't get to it. It is annoying. I think I know what the problem is too. Every time I went on there, PUP and Trojan warnings flashed across the screen, so maybe they are trying to resolve that issue.
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Two of 'ology's moderators have said on TNet that they are as clueless as anyone else. Joshua Ream said he does not know if the site will return. I do agree with what KP says, and Tom, I know you and others brought up this problem of Trojan warnings, etc. I simply assumed, without really knowing, that they were down in order to finally do something about that. But, the moderators have apparently not been kept up to speed at all.
      Rhode Island

Comment

Wow this is sad news. I know some of our members cross board over there.
        TN formerly CT Visit our store http://stores.arrowheads.com/store.p...m-Trading-Post

Comment

Its been down for a while. I started seeing the same warning popups like the others have stated and just avoided it. Then I saw the same notice that it was under repair.
          The chase is better than the catch...
          I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Hi there,

Thanks to Hoss for the heads up here. I am a moderator (joshuaream) at Arrowheadology and the site is down, hopefully for repairs, but no word on an ETA. Sad and frustrating for those of us who have been involved for a long time.

Forums are great, and after a while can feel like home for many of the members. That said, just like a real home, it's not the stuff inside that makes it a home, it's the people. I certainly hope the people from arrowheadology stay engaged and connected with their friends.

Joshua
            Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Yeah, what Joshua said boom.
              Professor Shellman
              Tampa Bay

Comment

Originally posted by clovisoid View Post
                Hi there,

Thanks to Hoss for the heads up here. I am a moderator (joshuaream) at Arrowheadology and the site is down, hopefully for repairs, but no word on an ETA. Sad and frustrating for those of us who have been involved for a long time.

Forums are great, and after a while can feel like home for many of the members. That said, just like a real home, it's not the stuff inside that makes it a home, it's the people. I certainly hope the people from arrowheadology stay engaged and connected with their friends.

Joshua
                Well put. After awhile, I began to view this forum as a grand gathering of friends everyday. It puts a smile on my face every time I get a message, or make a new friend. I hope Arrowheadology get's back up so ya'll can be together again.
                "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky point View Post
                  Well put. After awhile, I began to view this forum as a grand gathering of friends everyday. It puts a smile on my face every time I get a message, or make a new friend. I hope Arrowheadology get's back up so ya'll can be together again.
                  I guess the friendships become more important than the actual forum to me. Loyalty is great and admirable, but just because the forum goes quite doesn't mean the friendships do.
                  Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

I miss that site already great bunch of people I always felt welcome .

Comment

The message at their site is seen below.

vBulletin Message

Hey there - Looks like our board is doing some maintenance work to improve our forum's security and functionality.

We'll be back up soon...
                      Rhode Island

Comment

Terry a moderator says it should be back up by end of month
                        South East Ga. Twin City

Comment

Professor Shellman
                          Tampa Bay

Comment

Hi Arrowheadology fokes, I recognize a few names here. This is ColoradoEthan. I miss everyone there. I’m not to computer savvy so I thought it was me doing something wrong If anyone could help me I’m going out to CA for Christmas leaving the 21st. We r driving and I wanted to stop and hunt on the way out. I keep picturing the beautiful obsidian points that Greatbasin finds.(I think that’s his handle) If anyone knows how to get in touch with him. I’ll give you my email or my number to give to him. Or if anyone could help me get a hunt in or point a finger while I’m on the way or while I’m in CA I’d love it. I’m going to Del Mar to hopefully teach my 9 year old some surf casting. I think I’m taking interstate 70 to 15 but that can always change thanks

Comment

• CMD
                              CMD commented
                              Editing a comment
                              You might try sending a pm to clovisoid, who is Joshua Ream on 'ology, and a moderator there. Just a suggestion, I recall Greatbasin as posting great finds from that area. Also, member south fork is from Ca., and may be able to steer you to sites to hunt. Welcome to our own forum, and good luck.

Hi Ethan. Welcome in! If Arrowheadology will not start back up I sure wish we had their member list to invite them over. I think a bunch of members there may be lost since AHology shut down if they didn't know of this forum. I've heard nothing yet about the site coming back online....but I'm not in any loop of information about it..
                            Professor Shellman
                            Tampa Bay

Comment

Working...
                            X