X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis DNA into South America Article DNA "First Americans"

Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Very good article/video Tom. I had never known about the lice theory and the links to the DNA of ancient humans. The DNA links explained are just fascinating. Modern forensics is constantly presenting evidence that just can't be brushed aside anymore. Good read...thank you...
    The chase is better than the catch...
    I'm Frank and I'm from the flatlands of N'Eastern Illinois...

Comment

Hi Tom. Thanks for informing us about this very interesting research. As a former biologist I was particularly fascinated about the use of DNA from human head lice to track human migration routes.On a less serious note I was amusing myself by wondering if the man in Florida who is studying the lice DNA ever has to collect his own samples. If so, his ardor for the research would likely not be so great. LOL I know that teaching and research institutions use biological supply firms to furnish them with all kinds of animal specimens both living and dead ones. Perhaps those businesses are his sources of supply. Or maybe he has a network of doctors who can furnish him with the little critters. Looks like I got too much time on my hands when I start wondering about such mundane things. More lol.

Comment

Egad ! I guess being a good host does not always have virtues .....JJ
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Thanks, Tom. If you, or anyone else is interested, there are several links describing this study, and the other recent DNA study of human remains in the Americas, at the bottom of this thread:

Rhode Island

Comment

Great read Tom ! I always enjoy the study of migration .
            Any new information is always appreciated . Lice hmm .
            might explain why some people always had mud in their hair. Or waxy dyes .
            even some of the oils I know for a fact were repelling .

Comment

Working...
            X