Clovis Fluting Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clovis Fluting Article

Approximately 13,500 years after nomadic Clovis hunters crossed the frozen land bridge from Asia to North America, researchers are still asking questions and putting together clues as to how they not only survived in a new landscape with unique new challenges but adapted with stone tools and weapons to thrive for thousands of years.
    Professor Shellman
    Tampa Bay

Thanks for the link Tom. The very thin base was meant to crumble thus protecting the spear point. This ancient shock absorber reminds me of the technology that goes into modern cars. The front end of a modern car crumbles upon impact thus absorbing the shock. The Clovis people were very wise.
    Michigan Yooper
    If You Don’t Stand for Something, You’ll Fall for Anything

Comment

Interesting article Tom. I always assumed the flute was just a “notch”for the shaft to go around
      South Dakota

Comment

I like the video, except the pottery part. I don’t think the NA people used a wheel but prehaps they did turn the clay in some way...I’ve always been curious about the NA pottery clay . Looking at shreds one can tell there were many different levels of purity ... Thanks Tom
        Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Working...
        X