Yukon copper point find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yukon copper point find

The point and attached arrow shaft are nearly 1,000-years old, making it one of the earliest examples of hunting arrowhead technology in the Yukon.

Great article ! Just shows to go ya that about a thousand years ago, there must of been a bout of global warming !
    Lubbock County Tx

Comment

That barbed shaft is wicked. Fascinating find. Of course climate change has always been a mover of people and culture.
      California

Comment

That's a cool find. There was an episode called "Secrets from the ice" on a show here in Canada called the The Nature of Things that showed them finding that particular point as well as a bunch of other atlatle darts in perfectly preserved condition, still hafted to shafts. I posted a link to the show here at the time but unfortunately it could only be viewed here in Canada, here is a link to that post, https://forums.arrowheads.com/forum/...tch-archeology Maybe now you might be able to look it up and view it on youtube or somewhere on the internet in the US as it was a very interesting show well worth watching.

Comment

I’ve tried to keep up with what is being found where the ice was. I’ve had to rethink what I use to think were blades to cut with now being actual dart points, size wise. To be there on those finds, I just can’t imagine the excitement !
          Lubbock County Tx

Comment

Pure, dumb luck. Or an act of God. That is an incredible find!

The earths temps have fluctuated over the thousands of years in it's existence. (Remember global cooling during the 70's?) During those temp changes, ice has melted, thawed, froze, shifted and broke. With all that moving, thawing and freezing, one has to think about how much more we could find up there. As for me, I ain't goin'. It's too cold! :-)
            "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Working...
            X