50 state slam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 50 state slam

sitting by my television watching playoff hockey and thinking about arrowheads.. I couldn’t help but let my mind drift to the idea that it very well could be possible to find a point in every state in the United States. I wonder if anyone has ever tried it? Or done it? I can’t be the first with this thought.

Something about having a massive quest just fires up my interest a little extra.
    Can’t find em sitting on the couch; unless it’s in a field

You know what? That's a darn amazing idea! Think of it: One could actually make a 50 episode show from that. Great thinking!
    "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Chase probably has a head start. Would be fun
      South Dakota

Comment

Hawaiian point might be hard to find. Maybe a bone harpoon.
        Central Ohio

Comment

• Kentucky point
          Kentucky point commented
          Editing a comment
          I could see finding and arrowhead everywhere except Hawaii. We have to ask Tam about that one.

I don’t know anyone who has. If it were done honestly, it would take years and a lot of money.

Squire & Davis were coauthors of a couple of books in the 1800’s probably came close. They had money and spent years excavating burials and mounds in almost all of the lower 48 states, and then most of the Caribbean, Mexico, Central America, and Peru.

Hong Kong, but from Indiana/Florida

Comment

Hey Tam, have you ever heard of anybody finding artifacts in Hawaii?
          "The education of a man is never completed until he dies." Robert E. Lee

Comment

A lot of trading could get you there but you have to have 50 nice points to send one at a time!

Hmmm...I have well over that many perfect little shell hammers...
            Professor Shellman
            Tampa Bay

Comment

I do have quite a few states covered. The goal is to find one PF from every state in the lower 48. It can be done but at what expense. First is the learning curve of areas to find an artifact, but with the help of fellow hunters around the states dose help. Next is the permission from land owners to walk there land. The one common to all states, is chert and there is no mistaking that. but the odds of it being done are not good.
              I know of one person that dose have a point for at least the lower 48, but they are not all personal finds. I suppose if you had the money to put into it it could be done. I do have an advantage that I travel the states and have been gracious enough to know fellow hunters that will take me out to there sites. I do ask to go but am always willing to hunt with fellow members. and I have had the pleasure of taking a few out to my sites.
              Look to the ground for it holds the past!

Comment

• gregszybala
                gregszybala commented
                Editing a comment
                Then stop on by! We still got to do Michigan!
            Working...
            X